Gas Locker door lock / handle. Anyone got one?

barryd

My 1996 Swift Kontiki 640 came back from the garage last week after a long stint in their "care" with its gas locker door broken. Looks like its been forced open or its just fallen to bits. The lock still works but there is no plastic lock bar on the end of the metal bit that turns. See pics.

Anyone got a spare or know where I will find either just that end plastic bit or the whole thing? Yep, I know its manky, its been sat outside the garage in Darlington since November! :(

Yeah brilliant find thanks. I knew you guys would know.

That looks like the right one.

I think I'd try the lock cam first at only 2 quid it would do as a spare if he then has to buy the whole thing. I suppose it depends on what damage there is though that made it come off.

Good find though.

Mind you with the delivery charge it might well be worth buying the whole thing.

Mind you with the delivery charge it might well be worth buying the whole thing.

I never checked but yes probably. Ive emailed them anyway and given them a link to the images. Might be worth buying both.

If its plastic do you know anyone with a 2/3D printer,or make one out of mild steel.

No but its survived 28 years so I would think the plastic one would be ok. Its odd as the door doesnt look like its been forced. I wonder what happened to it.

No but its survived 28 years so I would think the plastic one would be ok. Its odd as the door doesnt look like its been forced. I wonder what happened to it.
At least it was only the lock! Some years ago, I left my motorhome with a dealer for attention to a Truma problem. They succeeded in driving it through the doorway to their workshop with the (vertically opening) garage door unlatched and ripped it off.

Maybe it just got brittle over the years and failed whilst they had it and they just kept schtum about it?

I've used Camperlands before but can't think for the life of me what for.

Maybe it just got brittle over the years and failed whilst they had it and they just kept schtum about it?

I've used Camperlands before but can't think for the life of me what for.

It is kind of bizarre as the door apart from being filthy is not damaged yet there is no sign of the old lock arm in the locker. Oh well. Even I should be able to fix this one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back