Gas help needed

CavityandLacey

I am on holiday in Aviemore and the gas supply to the van from an underslung tank has stopped supplying the cooker and heater - I think it is a gassit system. Having spoke to our local garage he said it sounds like the solenoid has gone and needs replaced. (There is no loud clunking sound when I switch on the gas supply - this is usual. I’ve tried phoning Highland campervans in INverness and they can’t do it. Roaming homes don’t do it. Has anyone any idea who else I could ask. We hare happy to drive an hour or so to get it fixed .

Thanks both of you for your suggestions. We have just travelled home and have booked it into Vantage in Leeds but will try and get a local solution in Stirlingshire where we live before we need to travel south.

Thanks both of you for your suggestions. We have just travelled home and have booked it into Vantage in Leeds but will try and get a local solution in Stirlingshire where we live before we need to travel south.

Can recommend Neil Hutton of Sidewaulk Camper Care 07817229799. He operates a mobile service from his base in Dunning.

You could try Graeme Paterson 07471508904. He is based in Falkirk and he has done work for me over the last five or six years and I've always found him to be very helpful.

You could try Graeme Paterson 07471508904. He is based in Falkirk and he has done work for me over the last five or six years and I've always found him to be very helpful.
I have phoned and left a message for him. Thank you
1) check the wires on the solenoid and the inline fuse. If you have a meter check for voltage.

2) hit the solenoid with a block of would, may just need freeing up.

3) http://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-dealer-network.html
Thank you. We checked the electrical side of things and changed the fuses. We also did the ‘tap’ test and it didn’t help.

1) check the wires on the solenoid and the inline fuse. If you have a meter check for voltage.

2) hit the solenoid with a block of would, may just need freeing up.

3) http://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-dealer-network.html
thank you. Fuse changed on the off chance. No change. Wires look ok but I’m no expert. Gave the solenoid a few taps but no change either. Tried the local guy in Inverness. He couldn’t help out until either Nov/Dec.

I’m assuming you know there is gas in the tank? Gassit tank gauges are not known for their accuracy.

Our previous van, an Autosleeper with underslung Gassit gas tank, also suffered a leak, it was only 3 years old and lost 22 litres of gas overnight.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back