Gas Bottle and MOT

justRoamin

Free Member
Hi all.... Putting Motorhome in for its MOT, Should I remove the gas bottle or just leave it in? It's turned off..not MOT'ed a mororhome before... Not seen it mentioned anywhere... Thanks

Hi ya,
That's actually a good question.
The simple answer is as above, its not part of the MOT, but it would be sensible to just turn it off.
Good luck with MOT.

it may not be a mot issue but it should be secured to the vehicle,good luck with the mot,all the best,jan

p.s,avoid kwick fit type places for van mot's,

Thanks guys... I new it wasn't an MOT issue.. Just thinking health and safety.. I'm using a garage near my work.. they do trucks vans and cars... So should be ok... Thanks again

can't you have it done up to a month early and keep the original expiry date ?

Not true.

I made this mistake.

It is a month less one day.

If you go exactly one month before you will loose any remaining time on the mot !

gas bottles

Hi all.... Putting Motorhome in for its MOT, Should I remove the gas bottle or just leave it in? It's turned off..not MOT'ed a mororhome before... Not seen it mentioned anywhere... Thanks

though theyaren,t part of mot i take mine out plus anything loose or heavy that cav be removed as the van is weighed and the wieght goes on mot cert.good luck

Not true.

I made this mistake.

It is a month less one day.

If you go exactly one month before you will loose any remaining time on the mot !

And also worth mentioning that if the vehicle fails the test you cannot use it for the "month" you thought you had left on your old MOT once it's failed it's off the road until it passes.

though theyaren,t part of mot i take mine out plus anything loose or heavy that cav be removed as the van is weighed and the wieght goes on mot cert.good luck

never had a van weighed at mot it is not required.where was this done?

rab

Finally got the van MOTed today and it past, not even any advisorys..YAY!! Always makes me laugh
At how stressful the wait is, wondering when they'll ring and put you out of your misery..
Thanks again for the advice..😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back