Gas and heating question

tailgate

Free Member
We have a conversion with a refillable gas tank underneath. But it's not really a lot of gas when using the van in winter .

Thinking of either a diesel heater or adding bigger or an extra gas tank.

Van is an IH on ducato lwb base .

Any one else done anything like this.

TIA.

John

Im in the process of trying to do so,all you require is a link pipe to second cylinder,very simple to do,if wanting oil blower heating the id go for a chinese one on ebay at around 100 bucks,some now sold from England ,2 to 5 kw.
oil blow heater.png

Cheers Trev

Already enquired about diesel heater , but gas capacity increase looks easiest option
If theres somewhere to put extra tank. And I'm not 100% convinced Chinese heaters are reliable or safe enough

Cheers Trev

Already enquired about diesel heater , but gas capacity increase looks easiest option
If theres somewhere to put extra tank. And I'm not 100% convinced Chinese heaters are reliable or safe enough
There every bit as good,the expensive makers were caught hiking the price,remember 95% of all stuff you have is made in china,im sure there is more room under the van for a second gas tank.

I'll not be able to answer your question on bigger tank, but I would think it best if you posted model year and present cylinder size, to see if other have same. Aside from that it would be looking at where a tank can be fitted or visiting a vendor. I can tell you standard fitment on a WildAx Arora is 25L

There every bit as good,the expensive makers were caught hiking the price,remember 95% of all stuff you have is made in china,im sure there is more room under the van for a second gas tank.
@trevskoda Not convinced of that statement Trev, their quality control seems to be lacking at times. That said I would buy one of them with the proviso you test it ASAP when it arrives. Wildebus got caught out with a faulty one he didn’t try until too late to return.

when the combined air and water copies start getting here more I may well be in the market for one myself.

@tailgate my personal view is I would add a diesel heater if you have space. They are cheap as chips as Trev says and it’s a backup to existing system as well. Some of these modern gas heating systems can go through a 13kg bottle in 3 days

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back