Gas alarm

Ducato Dan

Free Member
Hi anyone recently fitted multi gas alarm or any opinions as so many and big price ranges ..thanks

I use a standard smoke alarm. Get one that doesn’t sound every time you make toast.

I also have a carbon monoxide alarm.

I don’t subscribe to the gassing robbery theory, so don’t consider the multifunction gas alarms. Just make sure the van has not had its gas drop vents blocked accidentally or on purpose (to stop drafts) by a previous owner.

Davy

The previous owner of our motorhome, must have believed in the gassing stories as there is a gas alarm fitted that is wired up to the alarm system,
Not that it would be of any help to us as it has been turned off since we bought the motorhome 5 years ago,
As I don’t buy into the gassing stories.
What I do believe is that people have slept heavier than normal, probably because they have driven for longer than they usually do, and the thieves are very quiet at what they do

I have one of these for LPG: https://camperwarehouse.co.uk/product/trio-gas-pro-alarm/

Probably a bit OTT. With remote sensors you can place them where the LPG might collect, so in theory get an earlier warning of a leak. The general advice is to fit LPG sensors down low. For Carbon Monoxide the advice seems to be around bed level, so I’m not sure dual units for this are a good idea. The unit is now around 5 years old. It has a test button but I also test it with gas from a lighter occasionally. The detectors do have a limited life, so you need to switch them off when not in use.

Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are important. I have a gas sniffer pen for checking bottle connections and would use it to trace a leak if I ever had any. Fortunately lpg has an added stink and leaks are not easy to miss.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back