Garmin satnag wanted

oppy

Hi folks, does anyone have a spare garmin satnav they wish to get rid of? Ours in the car died today and this is the back up for the van one too. I can't get on with tom tom ( I've passed on a couple to a fellow member) so if you have a spare and I can afford it, please pm me.
Ta
Peter

Pretty sure I have an old one in the van somewhere Peter which I bought off someone on here but it was a while back and it was already pretty old. I never used it as I was the other way around. Couldnt get on with it. It will be ancient though. Think it was full Europe. Trouble is Im still away at the moment but if its any good you can have it but it would have to wait until I got back in a week or so.

thanks Barry, with baited breasts I wait
No worries but don't hold your breath as I asked Michelle about it's possible whereabouts and she doesn't know which isn't good news as I know where nothing is but be assured. If I can find it I will send it to you.

Its not in the van Peter for sure. I had an old TomTom one, A garmin and something else, maybe two Garmins. Will have a look at home. Maybe they ended up in Room 101 (The garage).

Maybe use a suitable app on a smartphone or tablet
I am using copilot for now. It costs but not much
Other free ones available.
One advantage of a phone os the display is portrait which is better and good even on a smallish screen.
I will use the app and keep my very old TomTom as backup.
An advantage of the smartphone is that pois are easily used.
Ps google maps has satnav features...worth trying..I believe data costs are trivial.

Maybe use a suitable app on a smartphone or tablet
I am using copilot for now. It costs but not much
Other free ones available.
One advantage of a phone os the display is portrait which is better and good even on a smallish screen.
I will use the app and keep my very old TomTom as backup.
An advantage of the smartphone is that pois are easily used.
Ps google maps has satnav features...worth trying..I believe data costs are trivial.
Thank you, but sadly I only have a thick phone, simple to use for this simple soul

As it's just a for a sat nag just about any cheapo smart phone will do and the modern apps are really very good, it doesn't even need a sim card in it, look in your local phone shop, or cash converters etc, even Ebay.

I do have a Garmin too "somewhere" but I bet it's older than Barrys, it's aique3600, I had it listed on eBay and it didn't sell so o idea where I put it.

As an idea of cost for a phone which will do the job. also handy as you can use them to walk around a town and find you way back to the car/van

As it's just a for a sat nag just about any cheapo smart phone will do and the modern apps are really very good, it doesn't even need a sim card in it, look in your local phone shop, or cash converters etc, even Ebay.

I do have a Garmin too "somewhere" but I bet it's older than Barrys, it's aique3600, I had it listed on eBay and it didn't sell so o idea where I put it.

As an idea of cost for a phone which will do the job. also handy as you can use them to walk around a town and find you way back to the car/van

Thank you my Puddled friend, but, one has a cracked screen and t'other is from Latvia, anyway surely it is illegal to use a phobile moan whilst driving, but really I truly am unable to use a smart telephone, my son despairs of me and has offloaded a couple on me, but I just cannot drive them. All Sue and I have a cell phone for is to use in case of emergency and never switch it on unless we are away in the van

Thank you my Puddled friend, but, one has a cracked screen and t'other is from Latvia, anyway surely it is illegal to use a phobile moan whilst driving, but really I truly am unable to use a smart telephone, my son despairs of me and has offloaded a couple on me, but I just cannot drive them. All Sue and I have a cell phone for is to use in case of emergency and never switch it on unless we are away in the van
Sorry I didn't look at them very well as I'm multitasking like wot wimmin do, IE doing several things badly.

Yes tis illegal to use a mobile phone when driving, however you don't use them in that respect you set it up then drive, you never touch them while driving anymore than you would the Garmin, as for the sat nav apps, they are no more difficult than a stand alone Garmin to use, possibly easier and you are not stuck with one app there are loads totally free, the best I think is Google maps, and if you have Wifi for a laptop you do the route on the laptop then just click send to phone, the phone does need to be on the same WiFi but even that is easy once shown how.

But if it isn't for you you'll just have to wait for a Garmin,

I have to admit Google maps is pretty easy to use but I'm still in the proper sat nav camp. Google maps I have found even when you download the map is not always happy once it loses data signal. It's also a bit slow on some instructions

Still use my TomTom, but it will not be replaced when it stops working. The various apps do just as good job, some better. TomTom app, hardly any different from stand alone sat nav.
Sometimes I even have 3 sat navs running, phone, iPad and TomTom :ROFLMAO: Only when hunting down small tracks though.

Laws are same for phone as they are for sat nav. Need to be in a mount and don't touch them.

Wow, wonderful, a big hug to bigshug, thank you for your help
Ta
Peter

If I do find mine when I get home Peter you can have that one as well. Will let you know.

Well my friends, I got a garmin today courtesy of one of our members, bigshug and it's wonderful, so thank you, the W/C community come up trumps again, I just need to persuade my friend to install wc poi's on it for me. That said though, its wonderful to finally get lost safely again.
Thanks folks
Peter

Glad you got sorted Peter. I cant find mine even at home. Must have slung it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back