Garmin Nuvi Update – How Long!!?

Dowel

Remembered I ought to update my maps on Sunday evening. UK, Ireland and Europe, not all Europe just the closer bits IIRC.

Started at 21:00 hrs thinking it would be done by bed time. Download started at about 400KB/s but soon dropped off to about 128KB/s. We are on a long copper wire to the exchange. The estimated completion time kept moving further away so I tried restarting the process but without an improvement. Left it to run overnight with the laptop set to run.

Monday morning 08:15 it had downloaded 41% but was not then downloading. Got it to continue the download and it did complete by about 10:50hrs.
My question: is this unusually long or did I pick a bad time?

Thats a long time we have ordinary standard broad band and 4 hr isn,t unusual for all western europe but some time has been 1 hr

Thats a long time we have ordinary standard broad band and 4 hr isn,t unusual for all western europe but some time has been 1 hr

It does vary , I usually leave it on overnight though often , for no obvious reasons , it stops downloading . 4 hours +

Just remembered that a couple of times when left on overnite that when I went to it in the morning it said download failed. But when I tried to set it going again it said it was up to date with the latest version and it was ?

Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D using BT Infinity 50Mb, the big quarterly updates ( approx 8.5GB ) takes roughly 1 hour to complete.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back