Garmin ghost POIs

noarlunga

Spain here we come.... ferry to Santander in two weeks time.

POIs downloaded and Garmin Satnav cleared of all old POIs (using the Garmin POI loader) and a completely new and up to date set of WC POIs installed, but.......

When I come to access the POIs on the satnav, there are THREE sets for France which means two of the old sets are still in there.

Plug satnav into computer and look at what's on it and in the POI folder there's only one set for France (presumably what I just loaded) - so where are the other two sets? There's no extra SD card or anything like that. So where are they stored? I want to get rid of them so I'm always sure of looking at the most up to date Wildcamping POIs.

Anybody got any clue as to which bit of my satnav attic is hiding these ghost POIs?

You could try uploading one single poi of anything, if that works then install the rest.

Spain here we come.... ferry to Santander in two weeks time.

POIs downloaded and Garmin Satnav cleared of all old POIs (using the Garmin POI loader) and a completely new and up to date set of WC POIs installed, but.......

When I come to access the POIs on the satnav, there are THREE sets for France which means two of the old sets are still in there.

Plug satnav into computer and look at what's on it and in the POI folder there's only one set for France (presumably what I just loaded) - so where are the other two sets? There's no extra SD card or anything like that. So where are they stored? I want to get rid of them so I'm always sure of looking at the most up to date Wildcamping POIs.

Anybody got any clue as to which bit of my satnav attic is hiding these ghost POIs?
I had a similar problem, i Googled it to find a solution unfortunately can't remember the exact answer but I think you get a duplicate in "Favourites". I am sure a Garmin "Pro" will be along to point you in the right direction.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back