Funny conversation with green flag.

merl

This afternoon I had an online chat with Greenflag about what would happen if I have a puncture and I'm not carrying a spare. It's really funny and I've tried to copy and paste it but I've had to type it but this is genuinely part of it word for word:

Chris (Green flag guy)
"Any breakdown caused by a damaged or flat tire we would take you to a garage within 10 miles of the breakdown if we were unable to fix the issue at the roadside."

Me,
What happens if there's no garage within 10 miles?

Chris,
We would take you to the nearest garage to the breakdown.

Me,
Even if that garage is further away than 10 miles?? But there is a 10 mile limit so I dont understand? Sorry.

Chris,
There is a 10 mile limit so if there was a garage within 10 miles we'd take you there, if for example it's remote and no garage for say 19 miles we'd take you there....

Me,
I'm really sorry but what you're saying doesn't make sense to me. Is there a 10 mile limit or not? How can I be taken to a garage 19 miles away if there's a 10 mile limit?

Chris,
Yes, but if there's no garage within 10 miles of the breakdown the 10 mile limit does not apply and we'd take you to the nearest garage.

:oops::oops::oops:

Meh, I read as you can choose anywhere within 10 miles or they will take you to the nearest outside of that.
Maybe Steve, he had plenty of opportunity to say that or clarify or add "of your choice" but he never did so from what he said it looks like there's a 10 mile rule that's not a 10 mile rule at all.
I phoned for clarification because the printed T's and C's states "a garage within 10 miles" again nothing about of your choice and nothing else about any options at all farther afield and I thought it was odd.

Perhaps you would rather be left at the side of the road to honour their terms and conditions to the letter? Seems a very reasonable solution to me. ;)

Davy
I agree, very reasonable but that doesn't make it logical.
I'm Not complaining, just puzzled Davy.

This afternoon I had an online chat with Greenflag about what would happen if I have a puncture and I'm not carrying a spare. It's really funny and I've tried to copy and paste it but I've had to type it but this is genuinely part of it word for word:

Chris (Green flag guy)
"Any breakdown caused by a damaged or flat tire we would take you to a garage within 10 miles of the breakdown if we were unable to fix the issue at the roadside."

Me,

Chris,

Me,
Even if that garage is further away than 10 miles?? But there is a 10 mile limit so I dont understand? Sorry.

Chris,
There is a 10 mile limit so if there was a garage within 10 miles we'd take you there, if for example it's remote and no garage for say 19 miles we'd take you there....

Me,
I'm really sorry but what you're saying doesn't make sense to me. Is there a 10 mile limit or not? How can I be taken to a garage 19 miles away if there's a 10 mile limit?

Chris,
Yes, but if there's no garage within 10 miles of the breakdown the 10 mile limit does not apply and we'd take you to the nearest garage.

I think it is to stop people choosing a garage 20 miles away when there is a usable garage within 10 miles

Maybe Steve, he had plenty of opportunity to say that or clarify or add "of your choice" but he never did so from what he said it looks like there's a 10 mile rule that's not a 10 mile rule at all.
I phoned for clarification because the printed T's and C's states "a garage within 10 miles" again nothing about of your choice and nothing else about any options at all farther afield and I thought it was odd.
I don’t think it’s odd at all, they gave to start with a baseline and the 10 miles is it but as a breakdown company they are not going to leave you stranded so will naturally take you to the nearest garage, sounds a sensible solution to me and you have to have something in the T&Cs otherwise you would have people saying I don’t want that garage I want the one 20 miles away instead.

Also what happens when you get to the garage and they say they’re to busy.
Personally I would be looking at better cover.
I am with the AA through my bank and I have no such limits.
But their cover is limited to 3.5T and 6.4M vans.

I'm with Britannia Rescue and I never looked at my T&Cs yet but I too have no spare wheel.

Chris (Green flag guy)

Me,

Chris,

Me,

Chris,

Me,

Chris,

Maybe just me, but that conversation makes perfect sense to me.

What they are saying is simply there is a 10 mile limit when there are garages within that distance, but if not, they will take you to the nearest one.

It is a way to stop a customer saying they want to be taken to a specific garage more then 10 miles away and abusing the T&C's of their Green Flag service.

The nearest suitable garage would make more sense.
Exactly Kev, IF indeed that's the case because at the moment there's no concrete confirmation of that rule and therefore is just an assumption, we all know what happens when we assume especially re companies providing an insurance service.
The wording in the policy states "a garage approved by us within 10 miles" and nothing about what happens if there's not one, that's why I made further enquiries.
Ultimately Chris or Green flag got something wrong, he either didn't explain the "of your choice" or there is some other clause about travelling further than 10 miles or simply the 10 mile rule doesn't exist, either way I'm not really bothered now because I've got it in writing due to the copy of the transcript.
It's actually getting weirder because this needs explanation 🤔

I used to drink with one of the top brass at Greenflag when he was at National Breakdown.

Contact Centre scripts ... We are unfortunate enough to have both Green Flag Breakdown Insurance and Aviva house insurance. We pay the latter an additional premium so that, if we break a component of the bathroom suite, Aviva have to replace the entire suite, to avoid differing styles. When I asked Aviva for 90 days Unoccupancy Cover, I had a reply saying that 60 days was now the maximum, and, if I exceeded that, I would lose the extra bathroom suite insurane ...

IF the property is unoccupied for longer than 60 days, who will be crapping in the bog to damage it? ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back