Fully solar powered vehicle

Moonraker 2

A fully solar powered van would really float my boat, but sadly it probably won't happen in my driving life time. What a marvellous thought.

Attachments

• 16974465101633180096023670611900.jpg
    16974465101633180096023670611900.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 44
Meens you could only drive 1 day in 3 as you would have to sit when charging in the daytime, but we must try something as oil will get expensive over the next decade.

Meens you could only drive 1 day in 3 as you would have to sit when charging in the daytime, but we must try something as oil will get expensive over the next decade.

Lot of assumptions about charging rate and storage capacity in that statement.

40 years ago I was using the latest thing in PCs. An IBM XT with 128k of memory and 10 mb hard drive.
Now my watch as got more memory , and I store my music on a thumb drive that has over 5,000 times the capacity but cost under £5.

40 years from now my grandson may be driving a MoHo that produces more power from its solar panels than is required to propel it, and uses the excess to charge a battery so he can drive all night as well. Actually he probably will be sat in the back having a beer whilst it drives itself.

40 years ago I was using the latest thing in PCs. An IBM XT with 128k of memory and 10 mb hard drive.
Now my watch as got more memory , and I store my music on a thumb drive that has over 5,000 times the capacity but cost under £5.

40 years from now my grandson may be driving a MoHo that produces more power from its solar panels than is required to propel it, and uses the excess to charge a battery so he can drive all night as well. Actually he probably will be sat in the back having a beer whilst it drives itself.
Very correct, but maybe not in my lifetime, im going with nuclear fusion as it seems to be the way, beem me up scotty.

Think a lot needs to happen before a vehicle roof has enough solar capaicity to run a vehicle all year round. As for vehicles driving themselves my car can park itself already, but not with me in the driving seat. Just dont like it, I got to the pub twice a week and when I pull in the carpark it asks me if I want to park in my usual space, I ignore it and park in the normal space myself, as for sitting in the back with a beer, your probably right, but not for me.

Think a lot needs to happen before a vehicle roof has enough solar capaicity to run a vehicle all year round. As for vehicles driving themselves my car can park itself already, but not with me in the driving seat. Just dont like it, I got to the pub twice a week and when I pull in the carpark it asks me if I want to park in my usual space, I ignore it and park in the normal space myself, as for sitting in the back with a beer, your probably right, but not for me.
Could be a problem with self drive cars, esp out with the mistress and it takes you home to be greated at the door by the wife. :eek: 😂😂😂

Could be a problem with self drive cars, esp out with the mistress and it takes you home to be greated at the door by the wife. :eek: 😂😂😂
It's worse than that Trev, the car has an app, the app not only controls the charging it also records every trip the car has ever made and displays the destinations on a map on the big screen in the dash board for any one to see.

So visit Ms Whiplash and the next day er in doors will see it on the screen when she takes the car to work, it won't only tell er the address, it will also tell er how long you were there and ask if she wants directions to Ms Whiplash's gaff.

Then when she gets there it will ask if she wants to park in the same place.

A lot can happen in 40 years.

Self driving cars are already running on US roads.
My car has radar input to the cruise control that keeps me a set distance from the car in front and lane guidance that follows the road.
I must admit that I keep my guard up when using these options.

40 years is a long time in motoring.

40 years ago the only car with central locking was a Fiat 500, where you could lock all the doors from the drivers seat if you had long arms.

There have been a couple of cars with significant range from solar panels, but both the products have gone broke.
Here's one that looked promising, the other was 'Lightyear 0' which was very expensive.

It's funny: Where's there oil in the ground, the electric car will be king.

I am starting to have serious concerns about electric vehicles. Been some worrying things going on that don’t seem to make mainstream news and some that does gets changed pretty quickly. Unusual for me to think this way as never been into conspiracy theories.

Will say no more, just keep your eyes open folks

I am starting to have serious concerns about electric vehicles. Been some worrying things going on that don’t seem to make mainstream news and some that does gets changed pretty quickly. Unusual for me to think this way as never been into conspiracy theories.

Will say no more, just keep your eyes open folks
There is a whole raft of lies posted online at moment about EV's, take the Luton fire, and Bolton bus fire, these where both diesels, but soon t'internet was awash with comments about them being EV's, it's almost like Putin and the Saudis want you to keep buying fossil fuel.

There is a whole raft of lies posted online at moment about EV's, take the Luton fire, and Bolton bus fire, these where both diesels, but soon t'internet was awash with comments about them being EV's, it's almost like Putin and the Saudis want you to keep buying fossil fuel.
While Luton fire was underway most media was saying it was ev or hybrid. ALL those posts, (BBC, SKY etc.) are nowhere to be found, they vanished overnight.

That’s just one event though although I have never seen a diesel vehicle fire like that Range Rover burnt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back