Full timers?

Welcome.
We've got all sorts on here, all shapes,sizes and temperaments.
We only spend 6 months in the van. Does that make us merely part-timers ?
We all have one thing in common.... We prefer not to spend too much time on campsites.

I am a Full Timer in waiting :) in about 12 days time :)

There are many experienced Full Timers on here and loads of advice and guidance (I have benefited a great deal by their advice and guidance)

Hi ya,
Short answer
Yes,
I'm a Full Time Livaboard. & am sure there are many more.

Are you ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are (sort of)

We use MH full time for 6 months (UK summer) and live abroad for the other 6 months.

House is sorted in that it is let thus fully insured and maintained.

Mail etc is forwarded Doctor all OK

MH insurance is hefty (Over £1000) and we store it in the winter (£300)

Works for us at the moment.

In south of England CCC CS mainly
Abroad Aires/Stellplatz and wildcamping
We toured Norway Finland and Sweden for 3 months and paid for less than 15 overnights !
Planning Ireland (NI and ROI) and Scotland for 2017..... hoping not to use too many campsites but when we do aiming for about £10 a night

I'm fultime, usually 6mnths UK & 6 months over the water. Occasionally de-camp & stay with family or friends but after 5 yrs fultiming prefer staying in my motorhome rather than de-camping. Its a great life but you need to love, & I mean LOVE driving & have an insane curiosity to see whats round the bend. Oh! & I am happily solo too.

Had the van 10 years now. Joan and I full timed for 6 years after selling everything. We have been back in bricks and mortar since May. Thoroughly enjoyed it but Joan decided she wanted to settle down and set up a home again, while she still had the ability to do so. She didn't fancy going from a Motorhome to a Care Home. She has been a lot fitter since, as she has been decorating and gardening. I went the other way spending a month in hospital and have been to the doctors more since May than in the previous 10 years.
We are renting from the local authority and the house is adapted for the elderly with alarms etc. Insurance for the van went down by £1,000 but we now have to pay for storage.

I still have the hankering to get back on the road, but have had to winterise the van instead. We would be touring in Southern Spain now, until April/May instead of watching the weather forecast predicting 0c temps and 10cm of snow for today in the NE. I did however see that N332 have shown snow in Spain yesterday but that would be inland not on the Costa Calida (Warm Coast). I still read the Spanish (English Language) papers every week online. Winter on the way as temperatures nosedive across Spain Temperatures in Madrid today 2c Mojacar 12c so a bit chilly there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd describe us as full-timers because we are in the motorhome whenever we are in the UK or Europe but if we go further than that (as we sometimes do for winter) then we put the van in storage. We have a house but spend no more than a few days a year in it (my sister lives in it full-time). Our usual pattern is to tour round the UK in summer, spending the school summer holidays in Derbyshire with the grandchildren, and then either fly off to somewhere warm and cheap (Egypt, Thailand etc) or take the motorhome down to Spain, where we are at present.

I full-timed for four years in an Elddis Autoquest in the U.K. and France. Before that I spent seven years in a PVC that I converted.

Now I'm mostly grounded due to health and mobility issues and have to rent a bungalow, but I still get out in a wheelchair adapted minibus when I can.

I full-timed for four years in an Elddis Autoquest in the U.K. and France. Before that I spent seven years in a PVC that I converted.

Now I'm mostly grounded due to health and mobility issues and have to rent a bungalow, but I still get out in a wheelchair adapted minibus when I can.

I know Ed on Tour is about to embark fulltiming we both wrote our respective accounts, which may be useful or of interest..Can't find mine perhaps if oyu can find yours bump it on the pages

regards

Channa

Failing that perhaps Phil could ? if it is archived. I think a lot would enjoy the read

Had the van 10 years now. Joan and I full timed for 6 years after selling everything. We have been back in bricks and mortar since May. Thoroughly enjoyed it but Joan decided she wanted to settle down and set up a home again, while she still had the ability to do so. She didn't fancy going from a Motorhome to a Care Home. She has been a lot fitter since, as she has been decorating and gardening. I went the other way spending a month in hospital and have been to the doctors more since May than in the previous 10 years.
We are renting from the local authority and the house is adapted for the elderly with alarms etc. Insurance for the van went down by £1,000 but we now have to pay for storage.

I still have the hankering to get back on the road, but have had to winterise the van instead. We would be touring in Southern Spain now, until April/May instead of watching the weather forecast predicting 0c temps and 10cm of snow for today in the NE. I did however see that N332 have shown snow in Spain yesterday but that would be inland not on the Costa Calida (Warm Coast). I still read the Spanish (English Language) papers every week online. Winter on the way as temperatures nosedive across Spain Temperatures in Madrid today 2c Mojacar 12c so a bit chilly there.

You have been there and tried it,
I met a couple who moved to very rural west Wales.
It lasted 6 years and now they a in a terrace house in Radlett Hertfordshire.

But life is like that times move on. :dog:

Full timing

Hello Paulus.......just into 4th year full timing, despite the on off girlfriend trying to lure me into full time rooming a year or two ago........and still thorough enjoyment, and not looking forward to when age or health dictates otherwise.........Trigano. Tribute PVC.........steve bristol

Can't imagine going back

Full time since April 2015. Houses let out and stuff in a garage, storage and parent's attic. Loving it so much, just invested in an A class - in for the long term.
Why the question? Quite a few posts about full timing on the site if you're thinking of it.

OMG £100 ins!

Wow ouch I am hoping to live full time in my rig to only return for MOT etc so please tell me if you found better prices please?
Many thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back