Fuel shortage Brittany ?

alcam

I know there was a recent thread on fuel problems in France, noticed queues while driving in Brittany yesterday
Not seen anything reported

This might help your decision making and put your mind at rest,

FUEL STRIKES EASE

After 3 weeks of fuel shortages in France, the situation is returning to normal as only 2 refineries remain on strike. 7 refineries & 1 fuel depot had until recently been out of action causing long queues at petrol stations. However with the start of the half term holidays, there are still shortages in the Paris region.

Taken from,

Useful email each month.

Davy

This might help your decision making and put your mind at rest,

FUEL STRIKES EASE

After 3 weeks of fuel shortages in France, the situation is returning to normal as only 2 refineries remain on strike. 7 refineries & 1 fuel depot had until recently been out of action causing long queues at petrol stations. However with the start of the half term holidays, there are still shortages in the Paris region.

Taken from,

Useful email each month.

Davy
Cheers. Maybe a holiday Monday?
Went to supermarket (not for fuel) early and it was rammed .

The first signs we saw of any problems back in september/october was huge queues at the Total Energies fuel stations but i put that down to them offering an extra 20 cents per litre off the price of fuel, that was down in the south of France in and around the Pyrenees.

Then we saw some of their fuel stations coned off because they were out of fuel but similarly i thought it was for the same reason.

Within a day or two we saw supermarkets had started to run out as well and we read about the strikes and blockades.

I would ordinarily only fill up when down to 1/4 of a tank but i started to fill up at the first opportunity once it got down to 3/4 of a tank and i`m glad i did.

The further north we got on the way home the worse it got to the point of Boulgne-sur-Mer and beyond towards Dunkirk where everywhere was closed and coned off, thankfully we had enough to get us back to Blighty and Morrisons at Canterbury.

Over the last few days I have driven from the Jura up to Laon and so far seen no queues or stations without diesel

I tried 3 filling stations today, all out of diesel.

This is in UK btw.

I drove across southern england yesterday, somerset to Sussex no problems with fuel. Some of the cars were having trouble staying on the road in the rain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back