Frontier stoves

Patchypete

Hi, does anyone use a frontier type stove when wildcamping, and if so, are they any good ? I see you can also get a water heater for them, once again, any good ?

I have one with a water heater yes they are great but they do take a while to get up to temperature I carry mine in the van all the time great for one or two people to sit round but more than that and you struggle to get warm from it, in extremely cold conditions an open fire pit gives iff more heat but the frontier is great for cooking on.

I have one and love it.

I usually use it for tent camping rather than with the van though.

I've just looked it up on the interwebby and it looks great !.

when I was toying with the idea of fitting a stove, Primarily for heating, Secondary for cooking if needs be, I preferred the 'Firebox' model. & in another Makers range The HOBBIT trumped all in my view.

SERIOUS question now.

Is there any smoke Produced,or leakage INSIDE the Tent, Vehicle, Shed or wherever from the everyday use of these type of what is essentially a portable stove ?.

I've just looked it up on the interwebby and it looks great !.

when I was toying with the idea of fitting a stove, Primarily for heating, Secondary for cooking if needs be, I preferred the 'Firebox' model. & in another Makers range The HOBBIT trumped all in my view.

SERIOUS question now.

Is there any smoke Produced,or leakage INSIDE the Tent, Vehicle, Shed or wherever from the everyday use of these type of what is essentially a portable stove ?.

Yes, there can be some smoke escaping from the door. I wouldn't use one inside a vehicle, but I have used one in a Lavvu tent before. But then the Sami people of Lapland have open fires in their Lavvu's and don't seem to come to any harm.

Not got one but saw admins one in operation and was impressed with it and the water heater.

the water heater is a tad expensive for what it is, what's wrong with a kettle. They do tend to leak smoke around the top as well as the door until the fire is drawing well. On the plus side they are very lightweight and all packs into a decent bag for stowing away, mind you the sacks of logs take up some space, hee hee.

I have one and love it.

I usually use it for tent camping rather than with the van though.

I thought you converted that into a still after Falkirk Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 126

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back