From Sept 2023 Dog insurance is mandatory in Spain

Is this for our travelling companions to , or just dogs registered in Spain ? Can’t see any details on Spanish gov website about foreign national dogs

It also looks like it's third party liability that is the mandatory part. Even if people choose not to insure against illness/injury it's a good idea to have third party insurance in case, for example, your dog runs in front of a car causing it to swerve and be damaged, leaving you liable.

Third party insurance is really cheap, or free (included) if you set up a regular donation to the Dogs' Trust.

£14 per annum for a dog (golden retriever) 3rd party only with many pets. First thing I did when we moved from rural to urban environment.

Davy

Its about timewe in Gb had dog insurance, two cars over the years smashed up, lucky i got paid, kept on a leash should be same on mainland as here.
Same for farmers with poor fencing,big fine.

It also looks like it's third party liability that is the mandatory part. Even if people choose not to insure against illness/injury it's a good idea to have third party insurance in case, for example, your dog runs in front of a car causing it to swerve and be damaged, leaving you liable.

Third party insurance is really cheap, or free (included) if you set up a regular donation to the Dogs' Trust.
I’ve had a payment going to dogs trust for 30 years and didn’t know that about insurance. I’ll have to look into that

Is this for our travelling companions to , or just dogs registered in Spain ? Can’t see any details on Spanish gov website about foreign national dogs
Does read as though it applies to Spanish residents

I’ve had a payment going to dogs trust for 30 years and didn’t know that about insurance. I’ll have to look into that
It isn't automatic when you sign up to donate, you have to become a member, costs a bit more - as an "over 60" I pay £12.50 a year in addition to my normal monthly donation. Think it's £25 for youngsters.
It gives you 3rd party public liability insurance for your dogs although there is an excess, they take care of your dogs if you die and there's a 24 hour Vet telephone helpline.

It isn't automatic when you sign up to donate, you have to become a member, costs a bit more - as an "over 60" I pay £12.50 a year in addition to my normal monthly donation. Think it's £25 for youngsters.
It gives you 3rd party public liability insurance for your dogs although there is an excess, they take care of your dogs if you die and there's a 24 hour Vet telephone helpline.
Do you have a link for this ? Would be interested if it applied to our dogs, uk citizens but Spanish residents. Have tried their website but couldn't seam to find any details ?

You shouldn't let the dogs drive Trev, it isn't allowed here
Who will bring in the harvest then?
Screenshot_20210629-153629_Facebook.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back