Froli bed system

Tookey

A 'Froli' thread was on here over 3 yrs ago with little mention of the product since, it has a good reputation but have any members on here got one and can comment on value for money as its not cheap.

ty

A 'Froli' thread was on here over 3 yrs ago with little mention of the product since, it has a good reputation but have any members on here got one and can comment on value for money as its not cheap.

ty
I have the Froli adjustable head rests, which are part of the system, in my camper, and I think they are brilliant. If I had a fixed bed in a motorhome, I would probably go for the whole system.
As far as value for money, from what I recall, I didn't think the system was OTT. The headrest system I paid £30 per side (so £60 for two) from Grasshopper Leisure.

(I could have shown you the headrests the other day if I realised you were looking at the froli's)

Is that the one with suspended plastic squares? What does this do that a set of slats from ikea doesn't do? Just interested.

Probably my van build if it was 3 years ago. I like the Froli system because the squares act like individual springs, it also allows air to circulate
beneath the mattress. I coupled it with an Ikea mattress and it's been very comfortable, no problems, no sagging.

Edit,
Just looked at the old thread and all the photos have gone.

Last edited:
Is that the one with suspended plastic squares? What does this do that a set of slats from ikea doesn't do? Just interested.

Short vid and straight to the point and should answer your question although it doesn't mention that it's better than slats with regards to moisture/mould......or so people say

(Unsure why but I expected Ron Jeremy to turn up :LOL:)

Probably my van build if it was 3 years ago. I like the Froli system because the squares act like individual springs, it also allows air to circulate
beneath the mattress. I coupled it with an Ikea mattress and it's been very comfortable, no problems, no sagging.

Edit,
Just looked at the old thread and all the photos have gone.
does it "stay together" if you put it on it side or upside down? Wondering if it would be suitable for an overcab bed which gets folded in half when not in use?

Mine's a fixed bed with a solid base. It might be possible to "fix" them to a base, I'd install in 2 separate parts if folding.

very intereseting, I bought my imala with 2 seperate singles that can be made into a double at the back, but tend to sleep on the "sofa" beds at the front as they seem more comfy and have been looking out for some thicker mattresses for a bit to fit. Im not suited to theose "duralay" things. these could be worth a try, cheers op.

OK so,
well engineeered, easy to put together,if you have a spare hour.

I had to buy the mesh also as my base is slatted, but on delivery realised any good thick plastic mesh fence from B&Q etc would do the same job at lower price.
And yes I would say t has made my mattress more like a good quality bed mattress. They are already "duralay" but this has improved it.

Would I recommend at this price ?, yes as you can take it with you easily to your next van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back