Fridge struggling to cope with Spanish heat

V1nny

We are currently in Northern Spain with temperatures in the 30’s. Our domestic fridge freezer is struggling to get below 15 degrees.

My question is, if we connected to mains electricity instead of gas, would the fridge then perform normally and come down to a more reasonable temperature?

I know someone who would call it a Dome e tec
Hi Alan 😬

These fridges will only reduce temperatures only by about 25 degrees C. So at 30c you’ll be lucky to get below +5c
Try removing the outside grills.
I’m not convinced that running the fridge on electric would help.

Tis the price you pay for enjoying yourselves 😉

EHU is about the same as gas on earlier models, but if possible put the fridge out of the sun if that side has an awning then put that out too.

Not fit for purpose in hot weather, and bag of ice in a tub will help a little.

We are currently in Northern Spain with temperatures in the 30’s. Our domestic fridge freezer is struggling to get below 15 degrees.

My question is, if we connected to mains electricity instead of gas, would the fridge then perform normally and come down to a more reasonable temperature?
You can buy a twin fan unit to fit behind the ventilation grill, someone else has said about fitting a PC fan. Not sure how good these options are, perhaps the fan and parking that side out of the sun or in the shade best option.

You can buy a twin fan unit to fit behind the ventilation grill, someone else has said about fitting a PC fan. Not sure how good these options are, perhaps the fan and parking that side out of the sun or in the shade best option.
Chas you pays your money and takes your pick.

Dometic fan kit

And you have to fit both.

I have found gas works far better than electric be it 12V or 240V. I have a similar problem and about to try using computer fans to increase circulation.

I have computer fans (12v), makes a lot of difference.

I didn't bother with the automatic switching. I have a cigar lighr plug on the cable and I just plug it in if the temperature is high.

Five years ago I fixed the fans to the rill using cable ties as proof of concept. Still fixed by cable ties, still working.

As sai before, park with the vents in the shade and put cold stuff in the fridge.

I have computer fans (12v), makes a lot of difference.

I didn't bother with the automatic switching. I have a cigar lighr plug on the cable and I just plug it in if the temperature is high.

Five years ago I fixed the fans to the rill using cable ties as proof of concept. Still fixed by cable ties, still working.

As sai before, park with the vents in the shade and put cold stuff in the fridge.
What a good idea, never occurred to me to do that, so long as they are on a plug of some sort why not, white cable ties I assume.

I’ve got more battery and more solar so I’m thinking it’s the way to go, in Ireland last week the 3 way struggled and it was only about 30c outside.
I got fed up of the 3 way playing up ...I could not get the circuit board repaired and dometic had not released the patent/sole rights to making them ..
Compressor fridge is a good one though.

I’ve got more battery and more solar so I’m thinking it’s the way to go, in Ireland last week the 3 way struggled and it was only about 30c outside.
30c, where the heck is that, im moving down, best we ever got here many years back was 27c, tar was melting in Donegal roads and sand trucks were out to sort it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back