French Speed Cameras

This link shows the site is off line.

Still working for me ??
Screenshot_20180311-143247.jpg

Last edited:
hold on it says your sat nav is allowed to show location of speed cameras - i have disabled this in the past, as if the police there are going to start fiddling with sat nav to see if they are on or off - takes me long enough to figure it out myself..so is this new

hold on it says your sat nav is allowed to show location of speed cameras - i have disabled this in the past, as if the police there are going to start fiddling with sat nav to see if they are on or off - takes me long enough to figure it out myself..so is this new
Which satnav do you have, if you have speed cameras on your satnav and keep your device up to date then as soon as you enter France it should go off automatically, it is not illegal to have France Danger Zones activated (which is where the speed cameras are)

TomTom Speed Camera service and the law

Check if your device is able to use Danger Zones here

I too received the message that the website was offline. I connected to the French version of the website and this is shown as having been last updated on 3 January 2016. While the ban on satnavs displaying the location of speed cameras predates this, one may wonder how up-to-date/reliable the website is. Also, while satnavs are not permitted to display speed camera locations in France, they are permitted to display danger zones (which may often also be speed camera locations).

I got flashed twice last march 9kmh over on both still not heard anything.1st approaching urban 2nd on a16 both fixed camera.

I dream of being able to get up enough speed to set one of the cameras off!

Most speed cameras are well signed anyway and pretty easy to see.
In the case of locally setup police radar traps, you will generally get flashed by oncoming motorists, come to think of it, any police or gendarmes anywhere near the road will generate a double flash from oncoming cars.

well the new 80km rule coming in July, Police are going to have a field day, I am happy enough tootling along the A roads at this speed but I can see many going at the old limit and getting frustrated behind me. Mind you some of the A roads are very wide, not much traffic....many are going to get sucked in going quicker as 80 will feel very slow...esp if coming off a motorway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back