French ATMB Toll Tags

Have you looked on their website? Apparently, it has a way of letting you know when it’s on its way out.

Have you looked on their website? Apparently, it has a way of letting you know when it’s on its way out.
website isn't much help really only says any problems to exchange it at one of their service booths looking at it can't see anywhere to get an indication unless it could bleep maybe

I will be interested to see what way this resolves as mine is probably a similar age. Curiously mine beeps as I approach toll booths in Ireland, although it does not open barriers or bill me. Perhaps if you have a toll road or bridge in your part of the world you could check when we have a bit more freedom.
I must look at my account as I don’t recall being billed the standing charge since we were not in France during the last calendar year.

Davy

I must look at my account as I don’t recall being billed the standing charge since we were not in France during the last calendar year.
Davy
If the same contract as mine You only pay the standing charge in the calendar months You use it looking at mine I've not used it for last 12 mths and not been charged

After a bit of googling it would appear the battery is expected to last approx 5 years although the figure of 7 is a possibility. Perhaps since we only use ours for a month or so each year we might expect closer to seven than five.

Most, if not all, of the tag firms seem to be interconnected, e,g, atmb are serviced by liber t, who seem to be linked to Emovis, who link to Sanef and bip and go. Etc.

Best answer seems to be that the battery cannot be replaced by the user, it needs to be returned for replacement. Not very handy if you are abroad when it packs in. There do seem to be some locations where they can be swopped if I read the sites correctly. At least one tag supplier seems to indicate on your account page that the battery is near expiry, as roaming rog stated. However if you are like me you may only look at the account intermittently.

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back