Freezer

BANJO

Please can someone advise me - I want to put a small freezer in our camper, and as we wild camp quite a lot, we think that we should perhaps get one that runs off gas as well as 12v and 240v, so as not to run down the battery. Any suggestions?

delboy

Please can someone advise me - I want to put a small freezer in our camper, and as we wild camp quite a lot, we think that we should perhaps get one that runs off gas as well as 12v and 240v, so as not to run down the battery. Any suggestions?

that a good i de my van as got one in already and you will not be stuck

A neighbour has a Waeco - not sure what model. But they have it mounted on the A frame of their off road camper trailer and it seems to work well, they were freezing meals a few days ago for a three week trip away.

Thanks. I have looked at the Waeco Cool Freeze range, which only runs on 12/240 v (not gas). Does this model of fridge take a lot out of the battery when running as a freezer all the time? I can't seem to find a small freezer (about 40 litres) that runs off gas as well.

Have a look in some of the boat mags, you can buy fridges and freezers in kit form to fit whatever locker or space you have available, once installed you have them gassed and that's it. Some of the electric ones use a lot less power than a std 3-way fridge as many sailing boats run under sail and no engine for hours!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back