Free Wifi soon in Bruges

Belgian

The major of Bruges (Brugge in Flanders, Belgium) announces today free Wifi will soon be available on the whole territory of the town (this also includes Zeebrugge at the coast). They are looking for a private partner to make it work.
It will not be possible to download films and heavy items. Surfing + @ will be possible. Promising ? :confused:

This is great news. If only other cities and towns could follow suit. On our 3 month tour of europe it was a real pain not having the internet. We were mainly in France and using a UK Dongle or phone was expensive and we just couldnt sort anything out in France. dont think they have anything cost effective now anyway. Thought about one of those long range wifi antennas but have no idea which one to go for or how to mount it on the van. I dont know why vodafone or Orange cant just do a europe wide deal for say £30 per month. I would pay that and more to be honest. I dont know why campsites and hotels charge for wifi either, its so cheap to setup, make it free and people will come. We never use campsites but in Normandy came across a lovely little CL on a farm for 10 Euros with Hookup and free wifi so we stayed just to use the wifi. In germany we paid that much just to use wifi for a few hours! In Italy on Lake Maggiore at Cannobio they have a wifi zone but its a right carry on getting connected and you still have to pay. For some reason in Italy they need to see your passport and address details etc etc.

Come on Europe and phone providers, get your acts together!!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back