Free offline map app

Me too, best app I have on my tablet and phone! Had no probs getting the POIs onto it, and it's easy to add your own. I use it as a sat nav, as I like the way you can zoom right in and see exactly where you need to turn. Derek drives, and I am the "voice" of the satnav!

Last time I looked, the full app was free. I paid for mine, but it was well worth it.

Agreed

Very very good .. I paid about £3 but well worth it.
Make sure you download appropriate maps "at home" before you travel.
I used it in New Zealand a year ago and in Europe last summer..
Really good for recording Overnight stops or other POI (eg Highlights):wave::nicethread::pc:

Hello Folk
Who can advise an efficient way to change the icon marker so that "places" and "taps" and whichever "layer" have
meaningfull markers.
Many thanks in advance.
Graham

I dont think you can

Hello Folk
Who can advise an efficient way to change the icon marker so that "places" and "taps" and whichever "layer" have
meaningfull markers.
Many thanks in advance.
Graham

Suggest different colours not what you want but...

Hello jagmanx
Different colours will be better than nothing, how can colours be changed?
Many thanks

I must be missing something. Downloaded maps and tried to get a route but to no avail. Is it just maps, the source of which are in other Apps or am expecting to much?

Not 100%

Hello jagmanx
Different colours will be better than nothing, how can colours be changed?
Many thanks

I guess before you copy the "named KML file" edit it in Google Earth (on a PC)where you can assign a PinPoint colour..and save it
on your android
1 Exit app
2 restart android
3 Delete the "old File"
4 Copy the newly coloured kml on onto the android

Maybe !

It does mapps only

I must be missing something. Downloaded maps and tried to get a route but to no avail. Is it just maps, the source of which are in other Apps or am expecting to much?

It does maps only
to Navigate try an app Navigator but not such good maps but is OK as a basic Simple Tom Tom

It does maps only
to Navigate try an app Navigator but not such good maps but is OK as a basic Simple Tom Tom

I use NavFree which I think uses the same maps however has navigation and when connected to WiFi street view which is very helpful. Not sure if I can load POIs, but there again it's not something I use

Hi,
Thought this a good idea to download as we don't have a satnav.
I guess I can plug my mobile into my pc and download the POIs onto my mobile?
But I've noticed that to zoom in on an area, I have to download another map? Will I have to do this for all the places I want to see?

Thanks

Tim

Yes

Hi,
Thought this a good idea to download as we don't have a satnav.
I guess I can plug my mobile into my pc and download the POIs onto my mobile?
But I've noticed that to zoom in on an area, I have to download another map? Will I have to do this for all the places I want to see?

Thanks

Tim

France and Germany have regional maps most other countries a single map

Do this at home !

I love maps.me. Use it all the time. Was great around France last year. Much better than my tom tom (that ether does a huge dog leg or detours onto narrow country roads and housing estates)

France and Germany have regional maps most other countries a single map

Do this at home !

I can download maps.me onto my pc the transfer the whole thing to my mobile?

As you may guess, I am to computers what Fred Dibnah was to nuclear fision!

Tim

Well, with a lot of swearing (said I didn't understand these PC`s :wacko:) I have managed to download the maps.me thingy, very good too.
Now got to read through all the gumpf and try and download the relevant POI`s that I will want for our Scotland trip :banana:
Don't really need the satnav job, but the little map pins will be useful :raofl:
Tim

I guess before you copy the "named KML file" edit it in Google Earth (on a PC)where you can assign a PinPoint colour..and save it
on your android
1 Exit app
2 restart android
3 Delete the "old File"
4 Copy the newly coloured kml on onto the android

Maybe !

That's right.
I have different coloured pins for different types of POIs.
EG: Orange for Lidl, green for Archies etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back