free camping nr rivers lakes

ian and lin

hi does any one know of any places to camp with a mh that dont charge a arm and leg in se england near ponds lakes and rivers? as iv been looking but can only find them at £ 14/5 a night

the whole idea of this web site is that the places we find and list are free to camp.
they have no facilities like showers and toilets and are not official camping sites.
some of them are only overnight spots, somewhere you can use on the way fro A to B
others are places where a few restful days can be spent [usually along side water] there are a few of theese in Scotland and some in Devon and Cornwall.
Some of these places are 'on the prom' of holiday towns / areas.
2 off the top of my head that have beaches are Rowardennan [Loch Lomond] and Jubilee point [Loch Eck]. there is alo one on loch Awe that I have logged and another at Hayle in Cornwall.
Roi

Ian and Lin,

I know of some wildish spots near the Basingstoke Canal and Frensham Ponds in the North Hampshire area if you are interested?

Voyager

best to hop on the dover dunkirke ferry (norfolk line) for 38 quid return during the night up to 7m bus and camp wild almost anyware .... the french i think class it as a god given right. you will save your ferry money in a couple of nights even if you only drive 20 miles to calais and camp next to the yatch morings and visit auchen buy some beer and wine for next to nothing fill up with 1euro a litre diesel

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back