Free but must collect from Cheshire.

izwozral

I doubt there will be any takers for these but there you go.

1628793240671.png

Approx 50lb of organic courgette/marrows.

We have been away for approx 10 weeks with just a short visit back home, we told all our neighbours to help themselves to any veg. This included broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snaps, pak choy, celery, garlic and the above, pictured..

We came back to the brocc, cauli, pak choy and celery all gone to seed and not a single veg had been taken. I would rather they had taken the lot than see them go to waste.

I have made gallons of courgette/marrow soup, chutney and some baked stuffed marrows. Now, I am sick of the sight of them so unless someone wants to pick them up, they will be composted - unless someone can come up with a novel use for them.;)
Please don't send recipes as I would rather ram them up Russell Brands backside than make anything else with the ruddy things.

I am not inclined to offer them again to the neighbours either.:cautious:

Can't give em away. :sick:
Moonshadow has a recipe for courgette flour pizza. It might sound more exotic than it tastes. Not for me to say. Don't knock it, if you haven't tried it.
And I haven't. Sorry Sue. World wide shortage of courgettes. Except in Cheshire:censored:o_O😁

We have an endless supply of Marrows Ral.

Our neighbour keeps bringing them round, usually saying "I know how you like them so much....." but we're also sick of the sight of them but don't have the heart to tell her.

Please can you send cash instead?

What you doing with the **** ? How do you grow that ?
Is **** a cabage or a sprout , as it look like small colly flower = cabage. ?.
But it a new veg I think. Invented generics

We grew purple broccoli this year and it takes up a lot of room for not much broccoli.

Maggy grows purple sprouting broccoli and it does take a lot of room and time but it tastes nice, we have an excess of runner beans, potatoes, spinach but even though we are growing a lot of courgettes none are going to waste, we are lucky because our next door neighbour takes ours to old people that she does cleaning jobs for.🎃

We’ve blanched and froze a lot of peas, carrots and beetroot. Been making soup with our tomato’s, onions, peppers and chillies and use our courgettes on the bbq.
4ED4D6FA-8599-4253-8B8F-DF6A40FF468B.jpeg
4EAD3A86-952E-4640-A931-219D0719F713.jpeg

Spaghetti courgetti....not tried it myself though I bought a cheap spiralizer thingy.

I suppose you could use them to replace the sheets in lasagne.

It's not bad actually Sue, even I eat it now and again and I'm a garbage pit.

I doubt there will be any takers for these but there you go.

View attachment 101013

Approx 50lb of organic courgette/marrows.

We have been away for approx 10 weeks with just a short visit back home, we told all our neighbours to help themselves to any veg. This included broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snaps, pak choy, celery, garlic and the above, pictured..

We came back to the brocc, cauli, pak choy and celery all gone to seed and not a single veg had been taken. I would rather they had taken the lot than see them go to waste.

I have made gallons of courgette/marrow soup, chutney and some baked stuffed marrows. Now, I am sick of the sight of them so unless someone wants to pick them up, they will be composted - unless someone can come up with a novel use for them.;)
Please don't send recipes as I would rather ram them up Russell Brands backside than make anything else with the ruddy things.

I am not inclined to offer them again to the neighbours either.:cautious:
Is there a local foodbank and or soup.kitchen that could make use of them?

Broccoli is broccoli, a bit like a green cauliflower, been around for 2000 years or so.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back