France speed cameras sabotaged

How are speed cameras a safety measure and not just a cash machine?

surely you realise that most drivers when they see the forewarning of a speed camera will slow down..... which makes driving in that particular spot safer for other drivers and pedestrians.

They are only a cash machine because of law breakers... if you don't speed you dont have to pay......

surely you realise that most drivers when they see the forewarning of a speed camera will slow down..... which makes driving in that particular spot safer for other drivers and pedestrians.

They are only a cash machine because of law breakers... if you don't speed you dont have to pay......

You're right, when people see them they do slow down causing a hazard to those behind them. I would also suggest they are sometimes put in money earning positions, for instance immediately after a speed reduction. I've never had a speeding ticket (touch wood), despite doing 2000 miles a week while working, but know of many people who have got caught for the first time by watching the road rather than the speedometer in a 30 mph zone.

but know of many people who have got caught for the first time by watching the road rather than the speedometer in a 30 mph zone.
Someone I know has just been on a speed awareness course, as she says they have heard them all, and this one is easy to answer, if they where watching the road with that amount of attention they would have seen the speed camera.

Someone I know has just been on a speed awareness course, as she says they have heard them all, and this one is easy to answer, if they where watching the road with that amount of attention they would have seen the speed camera.

Perhaps they did see the camera, but weren't aware of their speed. :p:lol-049:

Really, if thats an example of an answer on a speed awareness course, I think some more training is in order.

i have been to naughty drivers school 3 times in 40 years (i have never been doing more than 35mph in a 30zone - but still breaking the law). Each time i learnt new things and it does mean i didn't get any points on my license.

i did resent the first one i went to and was angry, but i quickly realised that i have never read the highway code since i was 17 when i passed my test. It was a useful experience and some of the slides and statistics about child injuries and deaths have stayed with me for since then and i understand the importance of 20mph areas now.

it does us good to reassess our understanding of modern driving conditions and laws from time to time - lets face it some have 40years + driving experience but haven't ever formally re educated ourselves.....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back