France passion

steve4kay

some of the new members on the site may not know of this site !! if you intend to go to france then if you use this scheme along with the aires, then you will save a lot of money.www.france-passion.com an english translation gizmo is available.

some of the new members on the site may not know of this site !! if you intend to go to france then if you use this scheme along with the aires, then you will save a lot of money.www.france-passion.com an english translation gizmo is available.
A good reminder Steve,
I'm member for more than 12 years of 'France Passion'. An I can only strongly recommend it to all newbies for your stay is France. Only pay for the booklet with adresses and 'soyez le bien-venu' :).
Newbies, don't hesitate to put your questions, you may get an answer :eek:

France passion is a fantastic scheme,joined for the first time this year and stayed on few sites last month,exellent value for money.I would say the quality of the first site we stayed on,St Etiene Du Bois(domaine des lles) paid for the book in that one night:)

Thank you

What a good idea - thank you for posting details. Not planing on going anytime soon ( it is a long way from up here!) but have bookmarked it for future reference.

Any other countries have similar sites? Assuming the Rosyth ferry survives/restarts then we would likely land in Belgium for starters.

Thanks for that link Belgian,will be joining for sure next year

sduggan

this looks amazing, i am so grateful for this and will use it. I am a new member and think this site is excellent

only ask

Hello Sduggan,
Welcome, only post your question and maybe you will get an answer. :p

thanks for the information- we'll certainly think about using it next year. Campsites are expensive in Italy costing around 30 euros a night so you'd get your money back, but this year, en route to Greece, it was more expensive to stay in a service station as two Italians decided they'd like the contents of our front passenger side pocket and broke in to do it. They got nothing apart from a nightwear-less English woman screaming at them....I hope I caused them serious psychological damage! ( the services were well lit, plenty of motorhomes and caravans there but we didn't take all our usual precautions- used curtains instead of blinds, didn't put the ratchet strap on between the doors.....the services in question were Castel Santo Pierro Therme...too close to Bologna in hindsight) Well you learn from experience....:-(

Last edited:
France passion is an excellent schenme and I can't believe any motorhomer would go to France without being a member.
So many aires are just large tarmacced soleless car parks and if you throw in a few France Passion vinyards or farms then your memories of France are enhanced tenfold.
Practically all my best memories of France stopovers are in France Passion sites'
Heres a cider orchard in Brittany.
digitalphotosmopsyirelandetc183.jpg

The France Passion idea spreads

Hi Mismoneypenny,
I hope you got over your misfortune, and that the Italian scoundrels learned their lesson trying to break in by an English lady :D Yes, our lesson is stay wide away of any major continental city. It are generally not the locals to blame but that legal or illegal import taking advance.
The France Passion formula has followers in Italy and now also in Spain
http://www.espana-discovery.com/eng/index.htm it could be a comfort in these not everywhere safe countries.

We're just back from France, FP is a brilliant scheme and we met some lovely people through it. One place even gave us a very good bottle of wine for stopping - although of course after that we just had to buy some as well!!

I seem to recall there is a Spanish equivalent recently started too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back