France passion ? Any good? Anyone use it?

guerdeval

anyone a member of France passion?, what’s it like?, are you compelled to buy stuff from the hosts?

I have used it for years. I have been on a couple of crackers in the last week in Brittany. You do not have to buy anything but I usually do, it's the done thing really. At the end of the day it will be something I would be buying anyway,cidre,calvados,wine, cheese, oysters, garden veg.I wouldn't stop somewhere that sold for example, hand knitted sweaters if I didn't want one.You get to meet some really nice hosts and consume some great produce in sometimes stunning locations.Some of the hosts don't even have anything to sell you and others are fellow camping caristes with a bit of spare land they are willing to share.When you join, the new app.enables you to look at each location and see if you fancy it. Be prepared to get drunk with the odd farmer and his wife,can't recommend it enough.2200 hosts this year,it runs April to April.Hundreds of vineyards and cider orchards.

Last edited:
have stopped at a couple this trip on a lovely one now at manbazilliac parked among the vines , went to a wine tasting this evening unfortunately all doux or molluex too sweet for me i asked if he had others too early he said so didnt buy any, en route to another we stopped at a couple of weeks ago bought couple of boxes really nice so going back for more lol, no need to join they’re all on search for sites app anyway along with
IMG_1648.jpeg
all britstops etc

Great weapon in the armoury, we subscribed for a few years. I stopped it when I realised that the ‘censored naughty app’ display many of them anyway in the form of a tractor symbol so stopped subscribing. I’ve never yet been asked to prove FP membership since.

Word of caution, don’t stay on any French farm producing foie gras, OMG you can’t unsee it 😳 and the noises!

have stopped at a couple this trip on a lovely one now at manbazilliac parked among the vines , went to a wine tasting this evening unfortunately all doux or molluex too sweet for me i asked if he had others too early he said so didnt buy any, en route to another we stopped at a couple of weeks ago bought couple of boxes really nice so going back for more lol, no need to join they’re all on search for sites app anyway along withView attachment 123477 all britstops etc

We’ve stayed there too, it’s actually called Monbazillac, have to give it to them, they are
geared up to sell to ‘passing trade’. 🍷🥸😂

Last edited by a moderator:
jeff & i stopped at this one for no better reason than it made a convenient meeting point it’s about 10 miles north east of cognac & 15 miles north west of angouleme , pleasant spot impressive ruin next door , we bought a 3 litre white and a 5 litre red for 12:50 & 15:80 both so good we’re taking a 50 ml diversion on way back to stock up ,
IMG_1653.png

Yes we have used it for years now and it's a great way to get to places you wouldn't normally go and meet the real French people. Your not obliged to buy anything but as said above we would normally buy it anyway so why not put in the hands of the producer rather than a middle man. We have stopped at places all over France from a bare field belonging to a camping cariste, to goat farms, factory carparks, ruined château and of course many vineyards. Also some rather random and interesting conversations around many a kitchen table and would thoroughly recommend it

Since Covid, we understand that many producers now welcome motorhomes .
Free overnight+ facilities.
Then a tasting session.
You'll see a little sign by the entrance.

Since Covid, we understand that many producers now welcome motorhomes .
Free overnight+ facilities.
Then a tasting session.
You'll see a little sign by the entrance.
Not all of them have signs where you can see them, I wish they all would as it makes it easier to see where to go, but the book does give you co-ordinates which are pretty close.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back