France bordeaux

We stayed here Gordon and it was ace. Free leccy as well if you want it.

1647630506193.jpeg

Cheers

H

Our last visit to Bordeaux was about 8 years ago and we stayed at Camping du Lac which is part of the Yelloh group. At the time it was on the ACSI discount scheme which made it reasonable cost wise. It was an adequate site which of course was very busy as I think it is the only Bordeaux site (I am probably wrong).

I usually spend money on campsites if it is a large urban area as my perception is that the van would be more at risk of burglary.

It had at the time a bus service at the door to the city centre, or you could cycle to the tram terminus in about 10 minutes for a more frequent service.

Davy

You needing directions again 😁 Sack your navigator…after she makes your dinner though. Right so your looking for an off sales in France that sells Buckie coz Fiona’s run oot and youv wandered into Bordeaux thinking you’ll get some there. Am I right. 😜

A bit below Bordeaux but there are two aires in Anglet overlooking the beach near Bayonne, we are there tonight before visiting friends who live in Bayonne

Last edited:
Our last visit to Bordeaux was about 8 years ago and we stayed at Camping du Lac which is part of the Yelloh group. At the time it was on the ACSI discount scheme which made it reasonable cost wise. It was an adequate site which of course was very busy as I think it is the only Bordeaux site (I am probably wrong).

I usually spend money on campsites if it is a large urban area as my perception is that the van would be more at risk of burglary.

It had at the time a bus service at the door to the city centre, or you could cycle to the tram terminus in about 10 minutes for a more frequent service.

Davy

We stayed here in January this year on our way down to Spain. Not ACSI anymore since Yelloh took them over but the same price per night anyway (19.50€ per night). No need to book as there is always room. No money has been spent on the pitches so still muddy but they are currently doing up the shower block...which wasn't too shabby to my mind anyway. Restaurant was closed for the winter which is new since Yelloh took over as it was always open on our previous visits.

We stayed at Camping Bordeaux du Lac quite a few years back. Apart from the convenience of getting into Bordeaux by train/tram it was a very disappointing site. Mudddy pitches, very run down and flies everywhere. it may have been improved upon since then of course.

We stayed at the same place as Winks a few years back and it was really good. However we much prefer Chateau Vauban at Blaye. Free park up amongst the vines, good wine to buy and an excellent Sunday midday meal if you want to participate!!
The Château du Marquis de Vauban is now charging (€10/night in 2021), but discounts the price if you make a purchase.

We like Blaye which is North of Bordeaux on Gironde estuary. It used to be wild camping, but now it's a paying aire. Nice location, good market twice a week. Last time it was 3 euros, parking only, no services

We like Blaye which is North of Bordeaux on Gironde estuary. It used to be wild camping, but now it's a paying aire. Nice location, good market twice a week. Last time it was 3 euros, parking only, no services
I think that you'll find that that location is now daytime only (0600-2000). The aire (with services) is now elsewhere and costs €6/night including services.

The place we use is a private site at Blaye - Chateau Marquis de Vauban. Fantastic place with very friendly owners.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back