France and mosquitoes this year

It is possible in malarial areas to avoid it with care. I’ve never had it but spent years as a child in West Africa and have regularly visited malarial zones for 30 years. Cerebral malaria has a death rate of up to 20% with treatment, 100% without. I know people who have caught it and died.
It is virtually impossible to avoid it when you are working out in the Bush on the Mines. The early morning and early evening Shift change over times mean you are vulnerable on a daily basis, not to mention being called out through the night for machinery breakdowns.

Reactions: 2cv
Liar, you had a slight cold and did your usual dying Swan performance.

Wimp.

Ackshirley I recorded Planet Claire, one of my best tracks ever. Probably because I sounded like someone else. 😳 The sign of a true pro. Despite being at deaths door I just got on with it. I never talk about that either.

We are currently on a site near to Narbonne on the Mediterranean. The mosquitoes are so bad that we cant site outside even in the midday sun.
I’ve not know it this bad before. I usually get a few bits through out ours trips but I’ve been hammered this trip and still have 3 weeks to go!
I have read that the tiger mosquito is as active in the day as it is at dusk and dawn.
I also read that the tiger mosquito is now all over France.
As anyone else noticed they are worse this year?
D
It was on the news yesterday that the tiger mosquito has spread all over Europe from Asia due to the warmer climate and that denge fever is now a concern as the number of cases reported has exploded.

We are currently on a site near to Narbonne on the Mediterranean. The mosquitoes are so bad that we cant site outside even in the midday sun.
I’ve not know it this bad before. I usually get a few bits through out ours trips but I’ve been hammered this trip and still have 3 weeks to go!
I have read that the tiger mosquito is as active in the day as it is at dusk and dawn.
We made the mistake of spending a couple of days at Narbonne Plage back in 2018 and Jan got bitten badly and was covered in lumps. It was so bad then that we spent almost all our time there sat in the van with the mosquito netting firmly in place. The campsites at Narbonne are built on reclaimed swamps, so perhaps it's not surprising to find biting insects out in force. We also noticed them (but to a lesser extent) at Bordeaux that year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:194)

runnach, guerdeval, Robmac, korky, campervanannie, 2cv, V1nny, SquirrellCook, NSY, Gadabout2, jacquigem, Jo001, RichardHelen262, Scotia, ajb70, witzend, pamjon, jeffmossy, ironman, Bouydog, colin, number14, Vivall, Val54, SuzieQ, ewen, oppy, carol, TJBi, VandA, barryd, alcam, mark61, Cass, Tonybvi, amcjam, petermotorhome, RegnVal, Greengrass, Wully, kevlakes, COCKY, Boris7, SimonM, cold, Fisherman, jann, TeamRienza, mike w, Canalsman, merl, marchie, Bigshug, 1807truckman, peejay, The laird, Drover, hmssnake, aross, zzr1400tim, Owen M, GinaRon, jeanette, keithlewis56, monxton, clarkpeacock, Wooie1958, Chip, GMJ, Elfit, Calianbay, Sue Paskins, Glandwr, Andys, Steve Dryden, AllanD, GLT, walpeter, Nickrock, Nomad Nelly, Budgie, Debroos, Makzine, Heppy, mariesnowgoose, hank, SApril, britcoms, Moocher, aderowswell, MrU, Jiwawa, JQB, Sharon the Cat, Tim120, cooperman, Glass man, BigEus, rjmurchie, Rob H, Livotlout, Windy6, andyt362, iampatman, Tezza33, belbri, andyjanet, bartman, kippaxblue, Mikecoo, Cosmicyoyo, JC-Wilts, Rumour, Pudsey Bear, jimmybanks41, The black dug, myvanwy, Faith shields, mygrassisblue, HurricaneSmith, Ianto999, suzesunflower, UFO, BigD003, bellars, trevskoda, BKCharles, gilsof31, linda1960, hellofriend, RJH, Wildrock, Alshymer, Owlsnest56, EllieM, davef, TrevandJenny, lefty107, Rong, KevinW, Ly085, boggie, denmar, bazzybabes, Amethyst, maingate, Lee, Biggarmac, Sheena, AndyJL, dvla3336, b0p, popeye1958, alca, barrypat, cornish hymer, denboy, barge1914, Caz, mike2222, Muddypuddler, Cheryl Harrison, Hobie, Dazzshw, helmit, Mikebike, AnneL, izwozral, azzoti, jas900, Gerry Attrick, Adriafan, GillC, knowledgeseeker, marchhare, roadroamer, Rutaria, Alun100, Martin1865, Ladyfreespirit, timatabsa, Rod, Dougbobbill, liz, Motoroamer, gabby82, GeoffL, groyne, yogibear, dianek08, Tartarus, outdoorellen, eriksleden, Silew,
Back