France again - sandfly map

Sharon the Cat

I've tried looking online at sandfly coverage maps. Either there are 16 different versions, or one I get to grips with is years out of date.

So, please can anyone post a link to a current map?

We're heading to Limoges but may wander anywhere really as we're across the water for just over a month.

Can't help with the map, but Advantage protects pets against sandflies - is it leishmaniasis you are thinking about?

Cant help with the map either but here 30k above Limoges it’s in the high 30’s at present so bring your sun cream with you. 🥵

Can't help with the map, but Advantage protects pets against sandflies - is it leishmaniasis you are thinking about?
Yes, I think that's the one. Harry is already taking Nexgard, which unfortunately doesn't give protection but I'm not sure about using Advantix on top of that. If necessary I'd go for a Seresto collar as I know they are excellent.
I just don't know how far North in France the sandflies carrying it are a problem.

I try not to overdose on parasite protection either. I don't know whether a Seresto collar on top of a dose of Nexgard is a good idea or not - when did you last treat him?

Our Portuguese vet recommended a seresto collar even though Chloe had been given Nexguard within the previous month. Leishmaniasis is quite an issue there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back