For Sale Transit Hi Top Conversion LWB

NorfolkanGood

Thought I'd put this up here in case anyone is interested. I've advertised the van on Ebay - Item number: 180404871784
Item location: Norwich.
You can see all the photos, there.
Transit High Top Conversion LWB on eBay (end time 16-Sep-09 19:56:21 BST)

I'm looking for £1500 or nearest offer.

IMG_3832.jpg

This is our Camper 'Betty' she has Betty Boop transfers on the back windows. Don't worry, these are easily removed if you want to give her another name.

Classic 2.5 diesel engine

Mains electric hook up with lots of power sockets, mains & 12 volt lighting.

There is a full size 'hook on' awning with the van.

Sink with cold running water and foot pump.

2 burner gas cooker grill underneath, microwave.

Extra gas point included behind drivers seat for gas fire.

Gas cupboard is in rear and holds full size gas bottle (still half full)

Fridge is 3 way but I only use it on mains.

Water inlet direct to foot pump can be used on camp site water mains or water containers

Lots of storage under the bench seats.

Island table, pot & crockery cupboard with cutlery drawer.

Unusual 3 Berth interior. Includes Double bed and optional over head single bunk with ladder.

Two Ford Camper sliding windows, One toilet window, one porthole overhead bunk window. Skylight window with fly screen

There is a separate toilet cabin in rear with porta potty and wardrobe above gas cupboard.

3 overhead wall cupboards. with lots of storage shelving and over cab storage, too.

This van was designed for 'wild camping' it basically has all you need to travel independently away from commercial camp sites. The bodywork is pretty good considering the year. Arches are solid, it's had a coat or two of hammerite paint.
Drives well, gearbox good. Engine is fantastic. Never loses a drop of oil or water and starts on the button first time, every time.
The mileage is high but the engine has been rebuilt several times over the years. Recent full exhaust, brakes were all done this spring.
The van was used as a race day van for several years before we had her. Previously owned by an mechanic with an MOT garage and regularly serviced by our mechanic since we had her.

Short MOT enough to drive home, if you buy before the 12th Sep. I see no reason why the van won't pass next test easily as it's only done less than 5000 miles since last test. I haven''t bothered MOT ing because if it doesn't sell this week I'll SORN and garage it for the winter, since we won't use it again till next spring.
Still has approx 8 weeks tax.

*There is another page of photos on photobucket: Pictures by Lisa-Lane - Photobucket

Any questions please ask.
Reason for selling is we want something bigger for next year.

I'm open to sensible offers.

Tell 01603 261899 for any details I've missed

H there,
Take my advice and up the price by £2000 its worth it . Best of luck.:D

H there,
Take my advice and up the price by £2000 its worth it . Best of luck.:D

Perhaps your right, Will.

But the lack of MOT dictates really what we are asking for. I think it would probably sail through. But if it doesn't!
I just don't have the time or inclination to start messing around finding people to do the work. And then possibly leaving a van with full MOT sitting SORNED in the garage till next spring:(
Last week Ebay had a half price listing, for vehicles, offer. So I thought I'd see if there was any interest.

Take my word for it the interior is worth what your asking for the the full rig.
Get a full m.o.t. on it even if its costs you £200 or more , You will get your money back 5 fold .
get on line and look what the dealers are selling for :eek:

The bidding is hotting up, it's up to £1200 already :D

Mmmm... Strangely that bid of £1201 was retracted:confused:

I think it was someone trying to find out what the reserve is. All they had to do was ask me!

I'm getting the stupid messages now, the one that you always get when you sell a vehicle on Ebay:eek:

One guy has just suggested that if I drive the van over to Cardiff (from Norfolk) and he will "definitely have it for £1000 cash"

Obviously an offer not to be missed:rolleyes:

added this to the ford transit forum so u may get a few more watchers and bidders..

I'm getting the stupid messages now, the one that you always get when you sell a vehicle on Ebay:eek:

One guy has just suggested that if I drive the van over to Cardiff (from Norfolk) and he will "definitely have it for £1000 cash"

Obviously an offer not to be missed:rolleyes:

Yeah, and like he is going to drive you back as well :rolleyes:

The trouble is you'll get assailed by all kinds of idiots who don't understand the value of the stuff inside the van, and the huge time taken to fit it and get it all working.

Ebay is def not one of my fave places :p

I've had a think about what some of you have said, and I think on reflection I have undervalued the reserve price. Your right, we built the thing ourselves, and it was a lot of work getting everything together and making sure it was all safe & working.
I've decided I should MOT the van before selling. I've had it removed from Ebay.

cheers for bringing me to my senses! :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back