For Sale: Eldiss Folding Travel Seats - As New

wildebus

I am posting this on behalf of a Friend and fellow Wildcamping Forum Member

Available is a pair of Eldiss Autoquest 185 Folding Travel Seats. These are very clever seats and when not needed they live under the bench seats in the front lounge, and when you need to take extra passengers you just move some seat bases out the way and unfold these.
They are fitted with 3 point seat belts and are ideal for a van where there is usually just the two of you, but occasionally you want to carry a couple more people. The typical alternative is fitting permanent seats but they can just be in the way for most of the time. I can see these being perfect for a thoughtful self-build where the need to optimize living space is a requirement as well as the need to carry the occasional extra passenger or two.

Some photos ....

eldiss-1.jpg

eldiss-2.jpg

eldiss-3.jpg

These are in excellent as-new condition as they were removed from the Motorhome immediately when it was bought as Phill, the owner, did not actually need the seats and they decided to remove from the van to save some payload (they are, as you would expect from certified Factory-fit Travel Seats, of robust construction).

This is a Youtube from the "Motorhome Man", reviewing an Eldiss 155 and showing how the Travel Seats deploy. Phills motorhome was a 2017 model but I would imagine the seats are the same mechanism.

The reason they are now available is rather sad, as Phills motorhome was destroyed by fire in the storage depot a couple of months ago, along with numerous others, so while these seats were kept to be reinstalled if the motorhome was sold, that will of course never be happening A great shame as it was a lovely motorhome and very well looked after (and as an aside, had a layout which inspired me to look for something similiar which how I ended up with my Cheyenne 635)

Price-wise, I have no idea how much these are worth! Eldiss price these seats at £1500 each, so we have here a £3000 value. Obviously Phill is not looking for or expecting £3000, but reasonable offers considered. The seats are located in Harrogate and anyone interested will be able to examine them to check them out or see if they would suit (I don't have the measurements, but I am sure Phill would not mind anyone interested to go by with a tape measure.

Oh, little update to the price Phil gave me .... He suggested he would be ameniable to an offer of £400 for the pair I think? might be worth trying him out!

Look good but you will have to make sure you can fit the plates under the floor and nothing will be in the way, not that easy some times.

I am posting this on behalf of a Friend and fellow Wildcamping Forum Member

Available is a pair of Eldiss Autoquest 185 Folding Travel Seats. These are very clever seats and when not needed they live under the bench seats in the front lounge, and when you need to take extra passengers you just move some seat bases out the way and unfold these.
They are fitted with 3 point seat belts and are ideal for a van where there is usually just the two of you, but occasionally you want to carry a couple more people. The typical alternative is fitting permanent seats but they can just be in the way for most of the time. I can see these being perfect for a thoughtful self-build where the need to optimize living space is a requirement as well as the need to carry the occasional extra passenger or two.

Some photos ....

View attachment 116480
View attachment 116481

View attachment 116482

These are in excellent as-new condition as they were removed from the Motorhome immediately when it was bought as Phill, the owner, did not actually need the seats and they decided to remove from the van to save some payload (they are, as you would expect from certified Factory-fit Travel Seats, of robust construction).

This is a Youtube from the "Motorhome Man", reviewing an Eldiss 155 and showing how the Travel Seats deploy. Phills motorhome was a 2017 model but I would imagine the seats are the same mechanism.

The reason they are now available is rather sad, as Phills motorhome was destroyed by fire in the storage depot a couple of months ago, along with numerous others, so while these seats were kept to be reinstalled if the motorhome was sold, that will of course never be happening A great shame as it was a lovely motorhome and very well looked after (and as an aside, had a layout which inspired me to look for something similiar which how I ended up with my Cheyenne 635)

Price-wise, I have no idea how much these are worth! Eldiss price these seats at £1500 each, so we have here a £3000 value. Obviously Phill is not looking for or expecting £3000, but reasonable offers considered. The seats are located in Harrogate and anyone interested will be able to examine them to check them out or see if they would suit (I don't have the measurements, but I am sure Phill would not mind anyone interested to go by with a tape measure.
I know this is rather a long shot as you posted this for sale quite a while ago but I wondered if you still had these available?

I know this is rather a long shot as you posted this for sale quite a while ago but I wondered if you still had these available?
They are not mine, but I think the owner does still have them. I can enquire for you (they are located in Harrogate)

Oh, little update to the price Phil gave me .... He suggested he would be ameniable to an offer of £400 for the pair I think? might be worth trying him out!
I would be interested in buying these seats

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back