For anyone on Low carb diet

jennyp19

Just cooked Low Carb Cauliflower cutlets or pancakes
Recipe from internet but not sure who’s site.
Really tasty. Doesn’t taste like cauliflower at all. John said just put an egg on top and it would make a very good breakfast - so it’s got to be good.
INGREDIENTS

200 Gms Grated cauliflower you could use one of the tub of cauliflower ‘rice’ you can buy in supermarket.
50 Gms Mozarella Cheese
Salt According To taste
Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
Oregano - 1/2 Teaspoon
Green chili Chopped -1
Chili flakes - 1/2 Teaspoon
Garlic Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil Or Ghee

Wash and grate the cauliflower and squeeze all water out of it.
Add Salt
Add Chili Flakes
Add oregano
Add Pepper
Add Garlic Powder
Grate Mozerella Cheese and add it as well
Add Chopped green chilies.This is an optional step.If you do not like it to be spicy you can skip adding green chilies
Mix all the ingredients well with the help of a spoon.And let the batter rest for 2-3 minutes.
Divide the batter (batter is a bit of a mid-nomer but when cooking mozerella melts and sticks everything together) 8-9 equal parts and make small circles by taking a small amount of batter in your palm.Then press a little and give shape to your cutlets (for cutlet read spoonful or dollop and flatten out)
Heat oil or ghee in a pan and place one by one on the pan.Cook them for 2-3 minutes and when done from one side, Flip them over and cook from other side.
You can flip them one more time if you want a crispy texture and taste.

Word of warning cauliflower like curry, leaves a pretty pungent smell in the MH lol

Attachments

• 9C06F9F6-0CB5-41CE-941C-7B5D0CEAB7C5.jpg
    9C06F9F6-0CB5-41CE-941C-7B5D0CEAB7C5.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I’m not keen on cauli as a side veg but it is so versatile. I make soup with it a lot. Will try this.
- Cumin, curry and coconut milk
- with cheese to make a cauliflower cheese soup

I hope you counted all the carbs in the tomato sauce!

I am on a low carb diet and I have cauliflower mash, which is ok.

IMG_2717.jpg

Cod in butter sauce with cauliflower mash and veg.

Here are some more of my regular meals.

IMG_2730.jpg

Bolognese with loads of cheese

IMG_2703.jpg

Creamy Chinese chicken and mushroom curry

IMG_2695.jpg

Southern fried chicken with pork scratching coating

IMG_2691.jpg

Chicken bacon and mushrooms in a cheese, cream, parsley, spring onion and garlic sauce.

IMG_2684.jpg

Angus burgers topped with streaky bacon, blue cheese, mushrooms and fried onions

IMG_2720.jpg

Pepperoni pizza made with a cheese base.

All lovely meals.

View attachment 61777

View attachment 61778

View attachment 61779

View attachment 61780

View attachment 61781

Chicken bacon and mushrooms in a cheese, cream, parsley, spring onion and garlic sauce.

View attachment 61782

Angus burgers topped with streaky bacon, blue cheese, mushrooms and fried onions

View attachment 61783

All lovely meals.

Nae chips then?

View attachment 61777

View attachment 61778

View attachment 61779

View attachment 61780

View attachment 61781

View attachment 61782

View attachment 61783

All lovely meals.

What about the other 6 days?

The beauty of this was - it didn’t taste like cauliflower- more like hash browns.

A tip to de- stink cauliflower.
Bay leaves: Crush a few and simmer in a cupful of water.

Cool and soak the florets in this, before chopping or grating

Or add a couple of crushed leaves when boiling, in the way your mother taught you. Just realise that it's no longer necessary to boil cauliflower for more than 72 hours.

Fine chopped florets, mixed with a touch of 50/50 Olive oil and butter mix, a good handful of grated strong cheese.
Mix in MARMITE, to taste. Grill, til crispy topped.
Now that's low carb!

So here is The Nests offering to the ‘Low Carb’ diet Steaks (ooo did I mention Steaks !).

689173B7-DCBB-4984-8EBB-66C6E033CE2C.jpg

To my mind, Crumpets have got LOADS of Holes in them, So Low Carb RIGHT !!.
You then fill these holes with Butter, Sprinked with Ground Chilly & Garlic Flakes, Top with Extra Mature Chedder & Melt,, (Ran out of Smokey Bacon otherwise that would have been chopped up & scattered in as well),,,Two is NEVER enough.

So here is The Nests offering to the ‘Low Carb’ diet Steaks (ooo did I mention Steaks !).

View attachment 61800

To my mind, Crumpets have got LOADS of Holes in them, So Low Carb RIGHT !!.
You then fill these holes with Butter, Sprinked with Ground Chilly & Garlic Flakes, Top with Extra Mature Chedder & Melt,, (Ran out of Smokey Bacon otherwise that would have been chopped up & scattered in as well),,,Two is NEVER enough.

You really are an evil creature of the night.
I can taste and smell those buttery, cheesy crumpets, from 1600 miles and 20 years away.
Get Thee behind me, Satan.

These recipes are a bit too much cooking for me. For breakfast I have Bacon and egg or sausage and egg or as a change maybe a fruit and Yoghurt with cream. I do not count calories just want to keep the insulin levels down and fat and protein do not stir it very much. Bread and cereals are the killers in the morning.

These recipes are a bit too much cooking for me. For breakfast I have Baon and egg or sausage and egg maybe a fuit and Yoghurt with cream. I do not count calories just want to keep the insulin levels down and fat and protein do not stir it very much. Bread and cereals are the killers in the morning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back