Fly to Uk and self-isolate in Motorhome ?

Why would you? The rules say you must not leave the premises, not even to walk a dog. All exercise must be taken inside the place you're stopping. They're saying you can't even go outside. I presume you can stop in your motothome as you propose but you're not allowed to step outside it, not even to buy food.
Check out the section "

What you can and cannot do in quarantine"​

Thanks, i have read and re-read all the guidance !
I also confirmed with nhs that our plan is allowed.
We will taxi to collect motorhome which is slightly better than public transport.
The campground knows we will be self- isolating.
We are entitled to go outside the vehicle for exercise ......obviously taking real care.
We will avoid all contact with others
I see no reason why we will need to leave the campsite (emergencies excepted...which is allowed)
Food delivery is in hand.
As to why ........that is our choice and we will then have 4 months travelling (uk only) to enjoy.
We have taken the utmost care and will comply with both the letter and spirit of the law/guidance

Last edited:
Finally on returning to uk!
We will be able to get vaccinated in uk (checked)
Covid cases are rising here with no real prospect of getting jabbed.
We have other business to conduct in uk.
Last summer we correctly chose to remain in Thailand.
This year is different !!!

You are allowed to go outside to post your covid tests too...to the nearest priority postbox.
Surprised you are allowed outside for exercise ..we are not. Although allowed in the garden....maybe the campsite is your garden?
Just got negative tests back for day 8 (via nhs track and trace) still waiting for day 2 result from private company we paid for tests. Apparently many companies are overwhelmed so, when we were concerned at not getting our result..we were told to ring 119 who sent new test free. We have claimed back our paid tests via barclaycard as contract said results in 24hrs. Full refund being arranged. So worked out in the end. Bit of a mess though.

You are allowed to go outside to post your covid tests too...to the nearest priority postbox.
Surprised you are allowed outside for exercise ..we are not. Although allowed in the garden....maybe the campsite is your garden?
Just got negative tests back for day 8 (via nhs track and trace) still waiting for day 2 result from private company we paid for tests. Apparently many companies are overwhelmed so, when we were concerned at not getting our result..we were told to ring 119 who sent new test free. We have claimed back our paid tests via barclaycard as contract said results in 24hrs. Full refund being arranged. So worked out in the end. Bit of a mess though.
Thanks Ruth
Not too susprised by such difficulties
Massive organisation (well simple organisation just too much todo too quickly !)

Lufthansa have made the refund.
A full refund but reduced by £30 or so due to currency fluctuations.
No complaInts about that.
Pleased it is all sorted quickly and before the settlement date of my credit card !
So yes to German efficiency....
As mentioned before we saved £200 on flight costs by being careful with seat allocation!
:unsure:

Last edited:
I am hanging on to the 21/06/2021. But then, that could be a problem. You get the go ahead on 21st June and find you are unable to travel to Germany via France which both have restrictions. Or you can go from another port to Denmark and enter Germany that way. Have to wait and see/

Apparently many companies are overwhelmed so, when we were concerned at not getting our result..we were told to ring 119 who sent new test free.

Interesting... Did you have to provide proof of having the paid one?

Interesting... Did you have to provide proof of having the paid one?
It has to be entered on the passenger location forms before you are allowed back into uk. When purchased, they give a reference code which is all checked. So there was no doubt we had paid For the tests and no proof was needed. Just glad we paid by credit card for the ones which were wasted. Still no result from day 2 test tracked to Dante labs as delivered on 17/5!

Not good news if you haven't arrived yet
Thanks for the. Alert.
Pcr. Tests on Wednesday.(2nd)...... provided they are Ok I do not see how new measures can be brought in before we fly on Thursday !
But ?????
Also reported by...the sun ?????

Scam ?
We seem to be the 3rd party of a. Scam ?
1st party "Booking.com" with whom we booked an Hotel Room.
2nd party the Hotel. They said "The hotel is closed"
And offered us a room in the next door Hotel of a similar name.
I suspect the hotel is trying to avoid the booking fee.
We got a "no show" email from booking.com
I explained what happened.
Very Nice room and very cheap @ £20 !
We await developments.
I did question the staff re "cancelling"
I believe the matter is simply between the Hotel and Booking.com !
As is said "Not our problem"
PS at 10:30 at night and not in our usual area of BKK we had almost no choice !
We chose the hotel as it is near the travel clinic (Pcr tests)...9am here off to clinic very soon.

Last edited:
A friend who is not too good with tinternet..
Managed to register several times with Nhs test and trace.
She has been getting 3 or 4 calls daily and has told them this.
Yesterday she refused to accept a 4th call.
Today she got a visit at her isolation address !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back