Fly stains

izwozral

Picked up a billion dead flies whilst touring Scotland so today spent 6 hours cleaning the little buggers off the front of the MH, flippin hard work too it was. However, for some reason the near side white mirror guard appears to have become indelibly stained by fly giblets. I have tried wet wipes, petrol, cream bleach, brasso, WD40, Evans TSR100 and streak remover, all to no avail. Anyone have a solution?

Picked up a billion dead flies whilst touring Scotland so today spent 6 hours cleaning the little buggers off the front of the MH, flippin hard work too it was. However, for some reason the near side white mirror guard appears to have become indelibly stained by fly giblets. I have tried wet wipes, petrol, cream bleach, brasso, WD40, Evans TSR100 and streak remover, all to no avail. Anyone have a solution?

Buy black mirror guards

I thought the thread title referred to an incontinence problem
that was ruining your trousers!

You could try auto Glyn super resin polish I'm an ex biker and it seems to get most stains off with a good run.👍

Spray a biological washing powder or liquid with warm water on them leave 5 mins and wipe off with a wet microfibre cloth

Before now I have left them all summer and they turn into blobs of like araldite glue, let us know what works for you ?

Just spent nearly 2 days cleaning the buggers off mine.I started with warm water and a car wash,then googled a bit and tried turtle wax bug and tar remover.
They came off a lot easier then but still a bit of elbow grease.

i start with 80 grit paper, then 120grit , then finish off with a brillo pad

Make you’re own spray bottle up decent heavy concentrate of car shampoo spray on let soak for five to ten minutes use a decent wet microfibre cloth and do small sections rather than trying do the whole front dose work even asked a car valetier and he said there’s no easy way just elbow grease and patience. But a good microfibre cloth is essential.

Thanks everyone. well some of you anyway :) will try the err erm, more likely ones and let you know how I get on.

Being a scruffy pig, I just leave them and let nature take its course

On a professional 150 fleet minibus company we used Autosmart G101 - I have just got mine out this morning for the MH.

Wet surface, spray on G101, leave 5 mins.(don't let it dry), wash of with a brush.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back