Fly fishing

ton27

Hi does anyone know if the caravan and motor home site in hawes still does day tickets for fly fishing or any good day tickets venues near hawes

May be an hour away but Leighton reservoir west of Masham is excellent.
i used to have a season ticket and still occasionally have a day there. Rainbow and brown trout up to 15lb and the odd fish over that weight.
Very well stocked with a high average weight, I could count on one hand the times I haven’t caught my limit In the last 20 years.

Not sure if you are looking for River or Still ?
Take a look at https://www.jubileelakes.com/ Couple of POI very close, it's a small fishery but very friendly stop over Dog Inn about 3/4 of a mile away think it 's closed at the moment but have a huge car park at the back also think they are on the POI's may just be worth a phone call, I would also consider Hury,Blackton and Selset, BalderShead reservoirs, I know Hury is operational unfortunately no overnighting in their parking area and you need to book a ticket online https://bookwhen.com/watersideparksnorth#focus=ev-suj5-20200718000000, but if you have a good look around there area plenty off spot to park up.😊

Tight Lines 🐟🐟🐟
UPDATE *https://www.jubileelakes.com/ is close due to the covid crisis :( however when it does open it is worth a visit.

Last edited:
Thanks for that I have just been on site good information just what I was looking for been fishing for many years (to many) but new to fly fishing

Thanks for that I have just been on site good information just what I was looking for been fishing for many years (to many) but new to fly fishing
Love fly fishing i also make my on flies not very good at it, but they have caught a lot of fish, I have had a year and a half out as it was becoming a bit of an addiction. Was starting to get a little expensive. Gear is now stored in the van in once everything gets moving again may pick it up again.

Love fly fishing i also make my on flies not very good at it, but they have caught a lot of fish, I have had a year and a half out as it was becoming a bit of an addiction. Was starting to get a little expensive. Gear is now stored in the van in once everything gets moving again may pick it up again.
Don't worry what your flies look like,the late Dick Shrive said "Keep pulling,they don't know it is only feathers".

A
Hi does anyone know if the caravan and motor home site in hawes still does day tickets for fly fishing or any good day tickets venues near hawes
According to the Hawes Angling Society 2020 page, the answer is yes, day tickets are still available from the campsite at £20 per day or £10 evening (4pm to dusk)

A

According to the Hawes Angling Society 2020 page, the answer is yes, day tickets are still available from the campsite at £20 per day or £10 evening (4pm to dusk)
Thanks there in 4 weeks so I'll give it a go and try a few other recommended spots

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back