Flo gas in Europe

bigbarry

Hi just wondered whether FloGas is available in Europe. I hope to travel through France, Belgium and Germany in a few weeks and wondered if there is any problem replacing UK type gas bottles? Any advice welcome, I will obviously start off with two full bottles

I doubt if you will find anywhere to get exchange UK bottles, the only exception is Camping Gaz which can work out expensive. Your options are to buy a bottle & regulator in which ever country you are in or go for a refillable system. Refilling bottles is easy throughout most of Europe but you will need 4 adapters to cover all of Europe. You can manage with one refillable bottle & also carry your Flo Gas bottle as a back up in case you run out, you can use it until you refill the refillable bottle.

Alternative method you can buy an adaptor of ebay to fill your Flo Gas bottles BUT you must take care to only fill up to 80%, this is done by knowing the weight of the bottle empty & the weight of gas you will put in, failure to know you aren't overfilling can be highly dangerous.

Many years ago I used to get by for 3 weeks in my old Kontiki with 2 x 6kg bottles (used to carry an extra one under one of the seat lockers but never needed it).

Last edited:
No Exchange

No you won't be able to exchange your UK bottles anywhere in Europe the cheap oppition is to buy one of these Propane Pol to Butane Adaptor | Buy Now at gasproducts.co.uk your propane regulator or pigtail depending on your system screws into it and it screws onto a french bottle which is available from most supermarket fuel stations. At Intermarche they where doing a 1 euro desposit on their own brand energaz propane bottle 11 kg was 20 euro + the desposit they may ask for a address on the form but any French address will do

We have brought the adaptor as well in case we need a french bottle later in the year. Cheaper then forking out for a refill system.

No you won't be able to exchange your UK bottles anywhere in Europe the cheap oppition is to buy one of these Propane Pol to Butane Adaptor | Buy Now at gasproducts.co.uk your propane regulator or pigtail depending on your system screws into it and it screws onto a french bottle which is available from most supermarket fuel stations. At Intermarche they where doing a 1 euro desposit on their own brand energaz propane bottle 11 kg was 20 euro + the desposit they may ask for a address on the form but any French address will do

Yes, I can vouch for one of those adaptors and Intermarche's gas.

An identical adaptor but at a cheaper price is available at BES (part No.21123) see HERE (scroll half-way down page). It works well and it enables my UK POL HP pigtail to connect directly to Intermarche's own brand bottles (the cheapest gas they sell) - a 10Kg Butane cost me €20.00 on exchange in Carnac in May - so now when going to mainland Europe I carry one Calor 6Kg Propane and one 10Kg Intermarche Butane - the biggest I can get into my locker which was built for two Calor 6Kg Propane (and I only use the Calor when the Intermarche has run out and I'm looking for a new store - which isn't very long as there's over 2,000 of them in France). Just spent 5 weeks in France in May/June and still haven't emptied my Intermarche bottle.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back