Flies and the answer.

Sean

All I need is to keep the boss happy.
Best solution for those flying critters wgenvtrying to sleep...

Take lots of cheap plastic swatters with you!
I broke at least three on our foreign gadabout.
Lay in bed, in the dark, until you hear the distinctive zzzzzzzzz of the mozzie, and then put the light on. They create quite a large shadow when they land, and you will be able to have a quick word in their ear with a swat. Very satisfying!

Outdoor Revolution Lumi-Mosquito Light 2 in 1 Insect Killer Camping Light
Oh, nearly forgot! We use one of these, as well 👍 Very Good!

Last edited:
Outdoor Revolution Lumi-Mosquito Light 2 in 1 Insect Killer Camping Light
Oh, nearly forgot! We use one of these, as well 👍 Very Good!
I've bought 2 usb ones similar to that neither worked at all We have one in the stables at home and you can hear that zapping flies from outside but its 240 v
Is this one worth getting ?

I've bought 2 usb ones similar to that neither worked at all We have one in the stables at home and you can hear that zapping flies from outside but its 240 v
Is this one worth getting ?
We’re very happy with ours. It has four light settings, including a low setting which doesn’t attract nasties, and the insect zapper works independently of the light. We charge ours via a USB port in the van during the day and leave the mozzie light on all night. If we fancy spending the evening in the awning, we just take it outside.

Get one of these, a Guatemalan Rock Spider.
1653286407192.png

It's horrible when they walk across your face though.😨

Ive had one of these for years (not from this seller probably). They do work. If you get it right the fly explodes. :D

Good tip. Run it behind the curtains on a night. Always the odd one lurking there and if the lights are low often flies etc settle on the ceiling and are easy to get while there is little light.

Hi Mr S,

When touring Scotland some years ago I had a 'Fly' problem.

Once settled on the site and before closing everything up for the night I would use some fly spray, go for a walk with the dog for half an hour or so, return, open up and have a quick airing then close up for the night.

I suffered no ill affects but thats the way I sorted the problem.

When it was the midgies rather than flys I did the same thing but once closed up I used a damp cloth and went round window chanel's and the like mopping up the dead 'n' dying then cloth out the window and collected next morning.

'H&S' you sprays your own spray at your own risk!

Cheers

Boots

I think we can give up now lads, the original poster has probably died of boredom?
Or gave up on all the new fangled devices and bought a newspaper.
Pity he didn't acknowledge any of the comments
Is this the one Your using

Last edited:
Yes, that’s the one. We find it very effective, we charge it during the day, via a USB port, and then leave it switched on during the evening and overnight.

I might get one of these. I suffer badly from bites: on this trip I got up to a new high of 28, with new bites replacing the older ones now!!

Does it kill houseflies as well as mozzies etc?

I might get one of these. I suffer badly from bites: on this trip I got up to a new high of 28, with new bites replacing the older ones now!!
What we use when out an about Avon Skin so Soft, Some time ago every one was recommending it don't hear it mentioned now but for us it works.
Actually when it was recommended in the past there was no mention of mosquitos now there is so looks like Avon now know and have jumped on the band wagon Price have jumped up as well

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: GMJ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back