Flashing oil light

mike w

Just thought I would post this tip as it had bugged me for years.
Peugeot Boxer X250 2.2 Ford engine.
I have always changed the oil and filter myself but after the last time,on start up I had an oil light flash 5 or 6 times before going out. This was not the service light.
After a recent trip to an auto electrician I had a full reset performed by a top end PC system. I mention that as my OBD reader and a Snap On diagnostic laptop failed to identify it.
Apparently there is a counter that throws up this flashing light after x number of sump drains!!

I have always changed the oil and filter myself but after the last time,on start up I had an oil light flash 5 or 6 times before going out. This was not the service light.
After a recent trip to an auto electrician I had a full reset performed by a top end PC system. I mention that as my OBD reader and a Snap On diagnostic laptop failed to identify it.
Apparently there is a counter that throws up this flashing light after x number of sump drains!!
What dose it do that for, but thanks for info

Mine says OIL every time I fire it up, I've checked it a few times and it's about on the mark so I ignore it

In that case I'd expect the actual No of sum drains (oil changes) can be accessed via the OBD? Maybe for warranty purposes?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back