Fitting a 1500 inverta ,advice

Wow the.votman is the answer ,and the price is unbelievable i would like find the weight?
I have the smaller 600w unit which works well, bought off EBay official store but they sometimes list them “make offer” and I got £80 off asking price, just saying. (y)

It's not just the amount you can discharge a battery, but also the rate you discharge one. In general for discharging a lead/acid battery for your intended use you work to a factor of 5, so your 110Ah battery is suitable for a sustained 22amp discharge, that's 264w.

I have 2 x 120 AH batteries and 700w M'wave, 2K inverter 3k surge. When batts fully charged the inverter (wired in 16 mm CSA I think) sometimes trips on low voltage. To stop this tripping I start the engine so the B2B can put 60 amps into the system while the microwave is on for a few minutes saving high battery discharge

So this would cook a wet battery's system unless you had 3 100amp hour battery's. System ie x2 @ 60 amps . That's why victron only made a 30 amp max b2b ! For wet battery's. Upto this year.

2024 £350 victron introduced orion Mark 2.

Wow the.votman is the answer ,and the price is unbelievable i would like find the weight?

According to the specs it's 41.5lbs, so around 19kg 🤔

vtoman2.png

Don't forgot that Gordon can help make them even cheaper (y)

Regards,
Del

Attachments

• vtoman.png
    vtoman.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Barry I’ve been surprised and happy by the one I got. I stayed away from them because of the price but at that price it’s about the same as 100 lithium battery was 3 years ago.

Back