Firm By Firm EU Data Roaming

Sadly a little out of date :(

I know personally that BT now only offer EE plans who charge for roaming and Plusnet Mobile is ending very soon and everyone is be offered EE plans as well.

I suppose we repealed the law that prohibited our telecoms companies charging for EU roaming. Why?

My EE contract still allows me completely free roaming in the EU.

The keep offering me “better deals” but they don’t include roaming so I just stay put.

I recently got a Smarty data sim for the MH router that allows in unlimited data in the UK and 128gb per month in the EU cost £20/month and you can cancel at any time without penalty.

I suppose we repealed the law that prohibited our telecoms companies charging for EU roaming. Why?
I think it was the case that leaving EU nullified the EU Roaming Charges Directive and UK Government didn't bother to substitute a UK equivalent legal provision; and the Free Market Forces did the rest ... Not the definition of 'Taking Back Control' that I would have applied :unsure:

Steve

Jag åker från Sverige (EU) till din ö (utanför EU) och nu behöver jag veta om roaming.
.I EU är det samma skatt som jag har hemma men hur är det i Storbritannien?
. Blir det väldigt dyrt?
.I´m not used to write in english so I hope you do´nt care.

My EE contract still allows me completely free roaming in the EU.

Same here.

Our SIM only contract ran out in 2019 but as we are only paying £8.87 a month each I let them run due to the free roaming abroad. I can also gift 50Gb a month to each phone as well (from our unlimited home 4G router) so we hotspot off that when abroad and that does us nicely.

I recently changed from Vodafone to Smarty. Special offer £8 monthly rolling contract. Unlimited calls & texts also when roaming in EU, 50GB data with 12GB pm fair use policy when in EU.
I started the policy so that my month renews half way through our trip to France, as that is when I'll be using all the data.

I concur manni. Me too I’m crap at writing in English maybe you should try drinking a bottle of wiskey and listening to country music it works for me.😜👍
I'd need a lot more than a bottle of whisky to listen to country music.

We are not big users of calls, texts or data when at home so we are with 1p Mobile - £10 every 4 months and the credit roles over. When travelling in the CV we buy a 30 day data boost. £10 for 10gb, £12.50 for 25gb, £15 for 50gb, £20 for 200gb - including unlimited calls and texts. Purchased using the credit in the account if sufficient.

Boosts are valid whist you are in the UK or traveling within the EU/EEA (subject to the fair use data and roaming policies). Boosts cannot be used when traveling outside the UK and EU.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back