Finally got round to changing nearly all the bulbs

CarlandHels

Just changed all reading light bulbs in the van, now down to 5w led's instead of 10w halogen. Also 4 of those recessed lights for 1.8w led bulbs instead of 10w halogen. Hope that will save some power over the coming long nights.
Still got to change ceiling lights to led's but we hardly use them so wondering if it's worth it, but they are 16w as standard. Would you bother changing them?

Maybe swap the ceiling ones for led strips,??

Your thoughts, or have you done this and does it save much on power?

Thanks Carl and Hels..

Done the same recently with bulbs was considering replacing the tubes with leds but a search seemed to suggest thst tubes don't consume too much juice and wasnt worth the bother

I have removed all the Halogen lights in my Chausson and replaced them with warm white led strip. These are fitted behind the pelmets on the bottom of the high cupboards in the kitchen area, either side of the front seating area and above the fixed bed. I have them split into 4 zones so I can use them in any combination and different levels of brightness with the remote. They are 14.4 w per metre and we can't use them at full brightness (feels like the sun has arrived in the mh), so have them faded well down so less current = less amps. On full brightness they consume just over 1a per metre but we use them at less than half brightness. I would probably have got away with 7.2 w per metre. I have just got RGB strip at 7.2w per metre to fit above the cupboards for mood lighting, Bob

Done the same recently with bulbs was considering replacing the tubes with leds but a search seemed to suggest thst tubes don't consume too much juice and wasnt worth the bother

Tubes use three times the power to they warm up and should not be switched of for at least half an hour as it wrecks them,these will fit inside with a bit of work.

Attachments

• strip lights.jpg
    strip lights.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 91
Just divide your watts by your volts and that will give you the amp hours your light is consuming

Halogens soon to be banned by the EUSSR and no doubt fluorescents will follow due to the small amount of Mercury they contain,making disposal difficult.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back