Fiat radio time out after 20min

I have this unit behind the dash, i can switch on step light front internal or rear internal plus the radio from about 50 yards away max distance, handy for comming back to the van in the dark and switching radio of from back beds. :)
remote switch.jpg

Last night we had a late night Glastonbury catch up watching on a laptop with the audio playing full chat through the motorhome sound system. Bloody brilliant! Except there is a 20min cut off time out on the 2015 fiat Ducato radio so I kept having to leap to the front and put it back on again.

Anyone found a way around this? Found various threads but no real solution.

On the plus side I reckon my solar panel is charging my vehicle battery as well as the leisure battery as it was down a prong last night and showing full this morning
We had ours rewired to stay on, but, must remember to turn it off. Having said that, since we had a new engine starter battery fitted it won't go off at all, so we have to disconnect the radio front from the housing every time.

Nah!! Michelle has that to make him behave and stop breaking stuff..

That poor girl must suffer, I wonder if she has ear defenders at home and in the van for when he gets the banjo out.

Not denying the ear defenders then when you get the ukelele out then.

Ukulele!!! Thats almost as bad as the Banjo!!! Wash your mouth out!

I never get the "guitar" out in the van unless she is at least three fields away and my man cave studio is as far away as possible from where Michelle hangs out downstairs at the back of the house although she does sometimes "comment" on the caterwauling.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back