Fiat oil warning light

MarkJ

Free Member
We have had a warning light come on twice now - and of course it’s not one that’s mentioned in the handbook.

We’ve a 2016 Ducato based van. This amber light comes up on the multifunction display, in the bottom left corner, under where the headlight symbol is. It looks like an oil can and has an exclamation mark after it. So you might think it’s a warning we’re short of oil - but we aren’t.

It’s come up twice in the last 10 days, each time when we’ve been parked nose up on a gentle slope, but I’m sure we’ve parked on hills before!

Any ideas? Annoying it’s not in the handbook....never there when you need it!

If it is still under warranty take it back PDQ . , JUST A CHANCE , it could be the speedo warning light cluster £800 .on motorhomes the condensation causes speedo assembly problems . usually the air bag light when cruise control is on .

Last edited:
Sounds DPF EGR related, a scan through the OBD port should show a log of faults even they have cleared self regenerated, Unless it has been reset and wiped which you would know about

Channa

On mine it was because of a faulty oil level sensor. Some vans have the sensor, some don’t! Mine is a 2018 van though.

Jon

If its the one I came on when I had my Ducato its an oil age light mine had been serviced but then the oil age light came on I got it reset and it was fine

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’ll look into them all.

Many thanks!

Spoke to Fiat this morning and they say it is a low oil level warning. Since we’ve plenty of oil, it must be a faulty sensor. Unless the dipstick is bent! No, I’m not going there....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back