Fiat Ducato windscreen wiper end cap

chipvan

On our way Friday evening and it starts raining so put the wipers on, after a few wipes of the screen we realise something was wrong. Stopped to investigate to find the end cap of the drivers side windscreen wiper is missing, so as the wiper has been moving up and back down the blade has started to move out of the grove in to thin air. We hadn't got far to go so after another two stops pushing the blade back in we got to our destination.

While in Llandudno today picked up a new Bosh wiper blade and fitted it.

Has any one had the same problem ? The motorhome has only done 13,000 miles and is just two years old, they are the original factory fitted wiper blades.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think your wipers have done well to last so long. The ends are only glued on, and soon pop off. Still, look on the bright side Leslie, you will have brilliant vision with new wiper blades!

The wipers on my car last a lot longer than the ones on the van even though the car does four times the mileage, because the van parks for a long time the wipers stick to the windscreen, as soon as you use them they rip the blade or pop the end off, two years is good in my opinion, when we Park in France or Spain we put corks under the arms to hold them off the windscreen to stop them sticking, it is a good idea to do that if you are parked in hot weather for some time

The wipers on my car last a lot longer than the ones on the van even though the car does four times the mileage, because the van parks for a long time the wipers stick to the windscreen, as soon as you use them they rip the blade or pop the end off, two years is good in my opinion, when we Park in France or Spain we put corks under the arms to hold them off the windscreen to stop them sticking, it is a good idea to do that if you are parked in hot weather for some time

..... or cold icy weather of course.I find that the cork from a nice Merlot works best!

I also use corks under wiper blades when we are parked up for sometime and occasionally I forget to remove them , then first time I use them I lose the corks oh well on the next stop its 2 bottles of wine we need to drink :banana:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back