Fiamma Guttering - is there a cheaper alternative?

delicagirl

hi i want to replace a missing stretch of metal guttering, and thought i would replace the whole side with one piece of rubber guttering; and also replace the perishing black rubber "trim" above my cab which is ancient and dribbling black mess every time it rains. Fiamma wants nearly £90..... does anyone else have a source of a similar product at a more sensible price please ? thank you

Look up coach building supplies for your area. Sounds like a j moulding aluminium or is it the moulding that holds the black trim? Thay might even have the black trim .Or better still pop along. I'm sure thay will be more than helpful if possible take your motorhome. Best of luck

Not sure if your van is compatible, we used electric trunking 25mm fixed with sikaflex to stop the rain entering the van when the sliding door was open...cost about £5 max and did the job perfectly. But might have misunderstood what you are looking for!

Used that on my mates van 15 years ago, still water tight!.

Delish, I have loads of this trunking if you want to use it. Can get it to you via WC Pony Express.

Delish, I have loads of this trunking if you want to use it. Can get it to you via WC Pony Express.
thanks i love the lateral thinking here - so do you only use one part of this and it self-sticks to the van and catches the rain and looks like a little square plastic gutter ?

There is a gutter shaped section and a top that clicks on, you don't need the top bit though. You glue it to the bodywork with Sikafrex and hold it in position with masking tape whilst the Sikaflex cures. The trunking will only be good if it is going on a relatively flat surface, you cant bend it around bodywork. If there is a slight curve it would be best to fix with self tapping screws as well as Sikaflex.

thank you for the kind offer of the WC pony express.... i think in view of the cheapness of the item i can go to screwfix a couple of miles away and get what i need.... but thanks for your generous thought.... .

i plan to use this for a new length of guttering along one side of the van (the other side is ok). But if its not flexible then it wont work to replace the "black rubber trim" along the front of the cab and which goes round the side to behind the door jamb. i think fiamma rubber gutter (but a lot less of it) might have to be bought for this job...... unless anyone else has another idea.....

my van passed its MOT a month ago.. with only one item needing repairs... so ... where to go now... everywhere will be so crowded i suspect....

thank you for the kind offer of the WC pony express.... i think in view of the cheapness of the item i can go to screwfix a couple of miles away and get what i need.... but thanks for your generous thought.... .

i plan to use this for a new length of guttering along one side of the van (the other side is ok). But if its not flexible then it wont work to replace the "black rubber trim" along the front of the cab and which goes round the side to behind the door jamb. i think fiamma rubber gutter (but a lot less of it) might have to be bought for this job...... unless anyone else has another idea.....

my van passed its MOT a month ago.. with only one item needing repairs... so ... where to go now... everywhere will be so crowded i suspect....
Did you get rid of your Delica?

Did you get rid of your Delica?
no i still have it.... its been sorned for over a year with the batteries on charge .... but it passed its MOT a month ago with no problems..... i haven't decided where to go in it this year... as i am waiting for confirmation of "over the water" regulations..... there are so many new "bans" on wild parking all over the country in the last year its quite depressing in one way.... but if i have to use some sites... thats what i'll have to do....

There is a gutter shaped section and a top that clicks on, you don't need the top bit though. You glue it to the bodywork with Sikafrex and hold it in position with masking tape whilst the Sikaflex cures. The trunking will only be good if it is going on a relatively flat surface, you cant bend it around bodywork. If there is a slight curve it would be best to fix with self tapping screws as well as Sikaflex.
i popped into Screwfix today to have a look at this and its a real possibility and certainly a lot cheaper than fiamma products...... thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back