Fiamma cycle rack.

Topmast

Hi everyone.
The bars that support a cycle are not wide ,or long enough for a large mountain bike they were fine for my old bike.I have been thinking about replacing with a 2 meters of 3 inch aluminum channel has any one done this or found a better solution.Thanks for any advice.

when i bought my electric bikes the folding frame when opened balanced on the outer edges of the channels, the rack was originally a 4 bike one so i was able to cut one chanel in half & extend the remains ones by splinting the second! half a dozen bolts made it a very secure job

when i bought my electric bikes the folding frame when opened balanced on the outer edges of the channels, the rack was originally a 4 bike one so i was able to cut one chanel in half & extend the remains ones by splinting the second! half a dozen bolts made it a very secure job
Thanks Rugbyken.
the main problem I have is the tyres are so wide they just balance on top of the existing channels and overhand at each end hence my idea of a bit of channel.

What about a bit of deepflow guttering cut to size and bolted on top of existing rail to cradle the wider tire. Or even better a couple of cuts of ally gutter a bit about 2 feet at either end.

We have a Fiamma 2 cycle rack up for grabs, I tried to sell it for 40 or 50 quid but no offers, so now it's yet another 'oppy freebie (and probably the last), can have all the fittings too if wanted. There is also another cycle rack available, the type that hooks on to the roof access ladder and can carry 2 bikes hung from their downtubes.

Last edited:
there are two types of channel the v shaped one and a shallower flat one perhaps that would fit better

Just do a search for 'aluminium extrusions'and see what appears. Youu may get what you need.

We have a Fiamma 2 cycle rack up for grabs, I tried to sell it for 40 or 50 quid but no offers, so now it's yet another 'oppy freebie (and probably the last), can have all the fittings too if wanted. There is also another cycle rack available, the type that hooks on to the roof access ladder and can carry 2 bikes hung from their downtubes.
Thanks for the offer it would be ideal to combine two racks but as I live in Portugal it’s a bit far away.

On our first van I made some aluminium channels to take our bikes and the tandem and fixed them in place of the std fiamma ones, tandem and three bikes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back