Fiamma Bike Rack.

Obanboy666

As some of our members may be aware I have a 2014 Renault base vehicle PVC.
I’m looking to fit a Fiamma bike rack to the rear offside door and unfortunately Fiamma don’t make a rack specific to my van and recommend using their 200D rack which is for any van that they don’t make a specific rack for.
The 200D rack is permanently fixed to the door with bolts etc and obviously this requires holes drilling into the door, measure twice drill once comes to mind lol.
Has any member fitted the 200D rack to a Renault Master van or any van for that matter. Any advise would be most appreciated.

Do you have a towbar?

Because I was thinking one of these instead of making holes in your van:

Towbar bike racks - easy to load and unload | Thule | UK

Unfortunately no. Have looked at fitting one, easy job apart from the electrics and getting to the rear light clusters due to the conversion. May call in at my local towbar centre tomoss and ask their advise regarding the electrics. If there is a Renault Master dedicated wiring kit it may cost more but from what I have read it’s much easier to fit as I believe it plugs into a socket on the vehicle then you have to have the ecu re-programmed hence the extra cost. So no scotch locks or soldering to arse on with.

Unfortunately no. Have looked at fitting one, easy job apart from the electrics and getting to the rear light clusters due to the conversion. May call in at my local towbar centre tomoss and ask their advise regarding the electrics. If there is a Renault Master dedicated wiring kit it may cost more but from what I have read it’s much easier to fit as I believe it plugs into a socket on the vehicle then you have to have the ecu re-programmed hence the extra cost. So no scotch locks or soldering to arse on with.

If you want to access your rear doors with rack and bike attached, be aware that many of the tilting racks available will still foul the door.

I could only find one, the Atera Strada 3 that would do the job on my Fiat X250 PVC, and I still had to use a 10mm spacer between the towball and towbar flange. Got it from The Roofbox Co. who were very knowledgeable and helpful.

I am sure they could advise you on a suitable rack for your van.

I previously had the Fiamma 200DJ rack on rear door but changed as my back was playing up lifting up the bikes.

Glad I changed, as French guy in Portugal showed me his brand new Ducato rear door ruined by the Fiamma rack.The panels had peeled right out where the brackets attach. He only had one lightweight bike on as well. This problem has been well documented before.

If you hit a bad pot hole or speed bump a bit too quick it is a lot of downward force on the door panels. Although I used this kind of rack on 2 different vans since 2008 without issue I personally do not think they are fit for purpose.

Korky.

Last edited:
Fiamma Carry Bike 200 DJ look at image 5 that is what is on my pvc

Fiamma Carry-Bike 200 DJ Bike Rack

there is one listed on this page for renault master
Carry-Bike 200 DJ Ducato and Sprinter installations require the use of 2x M6x45 bolts that pass through the upper Fixing-Bar and into the door for safety. Carry-Bike 200 DJ Renault Master requires 6x M6x30 bolts, 3 through both the top and lower Fixing-bars.

Last edited:
my understanding is that if you have electrics to your towbar then they must work , but if no wiring then no problem as it can't be tested

Fiamma Carry Bike 200 DJ look at image 5 that is what is on my pvc

Fiamma Carry-Bike 200 DJ Bike Rack

there is one listed on this page for renault master
Carry-Bike 200 DJ Ducato and Sprinter installations require the use of 2x M6x45 bolts that pass through the upper Fixing-Bar and into the door for safety. Carry-Bike 200 DJ Renault Master requires 6x M6x30 bolts, 3 through both the top and lower Fixing-bars.

I contacted a number of companies regarding their advertisements for 200DJ specifically for post 2010 Renault Masters and sadly this is no longer available so the only option I have is the 200D which is for double door panel vans.
Still undecided whether to go for the Fiamma 200D or a towbar and carrier, I’ll post when I decide what I choose.

Convert 2 rack to 4 rack

Hi all,

We bought a van last year that came fitted with a 2 rack Fiamma Bike rack. I know its possible to buy new rails, but is there something I can buy to hold additional rails?

My google searches haven't produced any answers to this!

Thanks

Joe

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back