Ferry advice ITALY to GREECE

guerdeval

I had heard that on some ferries you can sleep in your camper on deck, does anyone know if this is true and which one, has anyone done this? any advice welcome, rog

Last edited:
I think most of the Italy - Greece ferries offer 'camping on board', check out www.ferries.gr

We used the Brindisi - Igoumenitsa route a few years ago and did camping-on-board, even had electric hook up!

AndyC

Normally it is not allowed. But we did once from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa. If you can live with the smell of livestock. Another route is Brindisi to Patrai,(Patras) same situation. You have a choice of several routes to Greece: The two mentioned above, also, Brindisi to Durres and Vlore, both in Albania. I personally would not do that trip as you still have to drive to Greece, Albania is not such a safe place to drive through. Or you can take a nice long trip from Ancona, Itay to Greece and book to hop off at any of the 3 ports in Greece Kerkira, Igoumenista or Patras. For sailing times and prices, go to one of my posts and you will find the URL address to Greece ferries. I have seemed to have removed it from my list. If I find it I will post, if not, you need to go to one of my many posts.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies, just thought it would be nice to look out the window and see the sea go by, rog

ferry to greece

Hi we went from Ancona to Patras and slept on deck with electrics and a lovely open window---views of sea. Also had shower facilities. We couldnt get insured for Albania so got ferry back from igouminste--- brill trip would like to go back to Greece someday.

Hi we went from Ancona to Patras and slept on deck with electrics and a lovely open window---views of sea. Also had shower facilities. We couldnt get insured for Albania so got ferry back from igouminste--- brill trip would like to go back to Greece someday.

This a very relaxed journey and is to be recco'd IMHO

Travel to Greece

Hello,

We have booked to travel to Greece on 29th May with Minoan Lines and we are camping on board, they also supply electric hook up - how good. I do think you have to book early as they seem to get booked up, we did it last year just with the car but the dog didnt like being in the kennels on board so we are now taking the camper. We are travelling from Venice to Igominitsa it takes about 25 hours but there is a swiming pool on board and restaurants so its quite a nice start to the holiday, I think it cost us something like 350 euro return. Let me know when you are going and will keep an eye out for you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back