Ferries Spain to UK February March nearly all full!

Tried to book a return crossing from Spain to UK to beat Brexit withdrawal to discover only 1 crossing available in the whole of March before Brexit day. And hardly any in February.

Don't think Brexit got nothing to do with it because its the same on outward journeys

That thought had occurred to me. A lot of our food comes from Spain. I did wonder if maybe the UK government and supermarkets had reserved space on the ferries for truckers as part of its no deal planning. After all Brittany Ferries do have a £40m contract from the UK government.

And the only ferry I could get in March was an unscheduled one Bilbao - Plymouth .... not one of their normal routes and only offered on their website or by phone. It is not available on aFerry.com, CAMC or other ferry third party providers so is under the radar. As it was a weird one I phoned to double check that it was genuine and not a mistake.

I was a bit worried about the fresh food situation so over the past few weeks I've kept an eye on where my breakfast fruit comes from, so we've had kenyan, Argentinan, Chilean,South African and quite a lot of Moroccan and probably quite a lot I didn't notice so I'm not so worried now, btw every one of these imports paid a 3% subsidy to the EU just for the privilege.

Don't think Brexit got nothing to do with it because its the same on outward journeys

Fair enough .
I'm returning mid March , had a quick look Dieppe to Newhaven . The fare is £25 more than outward journey .
Think ferry companies are checking these forums and cashing in on the possible panic !

Empty trucks have to return I suppose? It is a bit unusual to have virtually all the Spanish ferries full both ways in February and March isn’t it?

If there genuinely is a mass exodus of Brits to Spain just weeks and even days before Brexit then the common people must have a very relaxed attitude to the whole affair. Politicians take note! I cannot believe the ferries are full of Spaniards making their way home. Yes I really do believe the Spanish enjoy our winter weather as much as we do! :lol-053: There is something going on.

Last edited:
It is a bit unusual to have virtually all the Spanish ferries full both ways in February and March isn’t it? .
No not really their usually busy as full service don't start till end of March. The Bilbao/ Plymouth ferry your on is just starting service from Plymouth then

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back