Fenwick Products

voxol51

Hi y'all,
After all this rain we've had the bus was looking a bit shabby. I usually use a bit of ordinary washing up liquid, a couple of capfulls of farecla 10 in a bucket of water, hose it off, then sponge it over with a couple of capfulls of Mer in a bowl of water, followed by a quick buff up with a soft dry cloth.
I've run out of Farecla and Mer. Our local motorworld shop was selling off Fenwicks products cheap, so I've just used Fenwicks motorhome cleaner, black streak remover, and bobby dazzler to show it a bit of TLC.
I used them as per directions on the bottles, and the results were c**p; patchy, streaky, and dull !
Nowhere near as clean or shiny as my normal mix.

I've written to Fenwicks including photos of the mess my motorhome now looks.

Anybody else found Fenwicks to be a waste of money, even at £1.99 instead of £7.99??

Voxy.

voxol51 said:
Hi y'all,
After all this rain we've had the bus was looking a bit shabby. I usually use a bit of ordinary washing up liquid, a couple of capfulls of farecla 10 in a bucket of water, hose it off, then sponge it over with a couple of capfulls of Mer in a bowl of water, followed by a quick buff up with a soft dry cloth.
I've run out of Farecla and Mer. Our local motorworld shop was selling off Fenwicks products cheap, so I've just used Fenwicks motorhome cleaner, black streak remover, and bobby dazzler to show it a bit of TLC.
I used them as per directions on the bottles, and the results were c**p; patchy, streaky, and dull !
Nowhere near as clean or shiny as my normal mix.

I've written to Fenwicks including photos of the mess my motorhome now looks.

Anybody else found Fenwicks to be a waste of money, even at £1.99 instead of £7.99??

Voxy.
dave cleaned ours last night with fenwicks & we not found it a fabulous cleaner really but still does a good job...i personally wouldnt use washing up liquid on me van though..to harsh & i think it has salt in it...i would be interested to know of a super wash to use though..sammx

SUREGUARD
clean & polish the van then coat with sureguard then buff it up,lasts for 150 washes,
when you go to wash the van all it needs is a quick rinse over then shampoo with sureguard shampoo then rinse and dry off (super shine).
my van is 10 years old and looks as good as new.

Hi Sam,
I agree, washing up liquid does have salt in it, but you are washing on and rinsing off straight away.
A drive down to the supermarket in the winter, or an hour on the sea front on a breezy day will produce far more salt - getting into places where the sun don't shine - and probably not getting rinsed off either.

Voxy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back